Gerard Deulofeu

Adversus

I don't believe the buyback is mandatory. So Gerard would have to agree to a new contract with Barca, which he could refuse. That's what I base my assumption on.

If it's not mandatory then I'm not really worried. He loves playing for us and we love him plus he has a manager that believes in him. One day he might go back to Barca if he's good enough but if he has the choice I don't think it will be in the next couple of years.

It's not necessarily how contracts work. He could have agreed to it as part of the deal to allow him to leave.

khaled_a_d

If it's not mandatory then I'm not really worried. He loves playing for us and we love him plus he has a manager that believes in him. One day he might go back to Barca if he's good enough but if he has the choice I don't think it will be in the next couple of years.

It's not necessarily how contracts work. He could have agreed to it as part of the deal to allow him to leave.

The only precedent was Salah in Fiorentina ,they had an option to extend loan and then to but and he rejected it .

As for Gerard ,he obviously like playing for Everton but I am sure he loves Barca (childhood club & City) and his career way more
Everton isn't the club you stay with for long time ,can see him decline coming back next summer but I doubt if the coach and sporting director really wanted him he would say no in 2017

Adversus

The only precedent was Salah in Fiorentina ,they had an option to extend loan and then to but and he rejected it .

As for Gerard ,he obviously like playing for Everton but I am sure he loves Barca (childhood club & City) and his career way more
Everton isn't the club you stay with for long time ,can see him decline coming back next summer but I doubt if the coach and sporting director really wanted him he would say no in 2017
I'm sure he loves Barca as well however I suspect he loves playing more.

EdmondDantes

I hope he gets plenty of playing time over there, we will bring him back when he's ready. He's the cheapest option as far as quality/cost is concerned, a fantastic talent for a bargain price because of that buy back clause.

El Flaco

Deulofeu's temper tantrum vs. Leicester

[gfy]LameLastAmericanwigeon[/gfy]

Alternative Angle

[gfy]DapperVengefulCaterpillar[/gfy]

Home of Barca Fans