Gerard Deulofeu

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What a goal today! Unbelievable how many times he's done something like that this season. But now that he's edging closer and closer to the first team there are some things that need to be looked at. Firstly i want to see how well he does in possession football like the first team play. He's scored amazing solo goals with the b team but they play nothing like the first team. He needs to get a run of at least 30-45 minutes in a liga game with most of the first team players. If all he gets are 10 minute cameos then all he will try to do will be impress Tito with dribbling and fancy goals. That's great but with an extended period of time he can relax and play with his head. Gaining patience will impress the coaches and improve his footballing brain and ability. He can join into the buildup play and gain experience for tiki taka. Plus it would be better if he gets this kind of chance with veteran midfielders like Xavi, Busi, and Iniesta running the show so that we can dominate possession and control the game. This is vital for his promotion. Also, he needs to get a much higher workrate. I've seen him do alright when tracking back with the first team but he needs to continue it and constantly run back and forth like Pedro or Alexis have. I know Neymar never will do that if he arrives but Deulo is young enough to get that sense knocked into him. All in all he has the ability to be a phenom but he does need to address some issues so that he becomes a well rounded, multidimensional footballer and so he can fit into the first team like a missing puzzle piece.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
remember when messi played in the youth ranks he scored loads of amazing individual goles, it was not until he was in the first team for a good few months that he really started to gel as a team player

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
remember when messi played in the youth ranks he scored loads of amazing individual goles, it was not until he was in the first team for a good few months that he really started to gel as a team player

I'd bet my left kidney on the fact that half of the forum hardly even remembers Messi in the youth ranks :p

khaled_a_d

I'd bet my left kidney on the fact that half of the forum hardly even remembers Messi in the youth ranks :p

There was no youtube back then ,b4 youtube youth player didn't have such hype they are getting now a days after every young player in a big club has highlights videos on youtube

Jadentheman

Thanks to youtube everyone is the second coming of so and so..

See that flick, he is the next pele. One stepover and go and he's the next Ronaldinho lol

Jadentheman

oh the hypocrisy :lol: :lol: :lol:
tell me more about Neymar please :lol: :lol:

I see Neymar play and move the field for full 90 minutes. When Neymar plays he's the real deal whether tricks are used or not. When I first heard about him I hated him absolutely, then I saw how he played (for real) and I instantly fell in love. He plays so much like Ronaldinho, this is coming from a fan of Ronaldinho like myself.

Last edited:

Yugi

I see Neymar play and move the field for full 90 minutes. When Neymar plays he's the real deal whether tricks are used or not.

I see Deulofeu play and move the field for full 90 minutes. When Deulofeu plays he's the real deal whether tricks are used or not.

Jadentheman

I never bashed Deulofeu. In fact Deulofeu is another I like.I would really love for him to get promoted to the first team. He's no Neymar, but he is something. Something I would love to see play in the first team. He has a certain spark. I was just talking about people throwing youtube highlights and small clips of plays on youtube for many rising/youth soccer players in general. I never claimed Deulo to be overrated.

Home of Barca Fans