Gerard Deulofeu

mixer

very nice video. and deulofeu not bad player. he is being better every day every match. i think that, he will be first class player and he will be in ballon d'or trio next years. just patience a few years for him. cos he is just 18 yet
he's 19

Barca8

Awesome video! Deu is coming along really well.
I hope he can get some minutes here and there in the senior squad.

Yugi

some of his goals are pretty impresive, anyway those highlights dont do him justice
he learned how to track bad and is not that ballhog he used to be, last match proved it pretty much

Micah

some of his goals are pretty impresive, anyway those highlights dont do him justice
he learned how to track bad and is not that ballhog he used to be, last match proved it pretty much

I though he had a pretty average game to be honest, i still think he needs to improve his work ethic. Sometimes even his team mates aren't willing to pass it to him, because he just slows down the tempo. His passing is still poor and decision making at times is terrible. He still has a long way to go, it would foolish to promote him next season, he should definitely get some games but there's no way he could be a starter. People need to go easy with the hype.

He just drifts out of games and can get frustrating. He looks good in Segunda, but just like Tello, he's a one trick pony and can be easily figured out.
Also Minus the Penalties, Jese Rodriguez has bagged the same amount of goals as Deu, yet he doesn't look anywhere close to the Madrid 1st team and their fans aren't blowing shit up calling him the next best thing either.

Yugi

I though he had a pretty average game to be honest, i still think he needs to improve his work ethic. Sometimes even his team mates aren't willing to pass it to him, because he just slows down the tempo. His passing is still poor and decision making at times is terrible. He still has a long way to go, it would foolish to promote him next season, he should definitely get some games but there's no way he could be a starter. People need to go easy with the hype.

He just drifts out of games and can get frustrating. He looks good in Segunda, but just like Tello, he's a one trick pony and can be easily figured out.
Also Minus the Penalties, Jese Rodriguez has bagged the same amount of goals as Deu, yet he doesn't look anywhere close to the Madrid 1st team and their fans aren't blowing shit up calling him the next best thing either.

there is always room for improvement but to say that he is slowing down the game is foolish, he is the one who creates and executes all the time, and yes he loses balls but so does messi, its a thing with these guys that they win most of the dribbles but also lose some, he is far far from Tello, he is already above him and is defo better than him atm...Tello is older and thats the thing with him

and I hope you dont really mean when you say he can be easily figured out and is one trick pony, just looks at the video and his dribbles, thats not what Tello does, Deulofeu is much more skillful and extremly well adjusted to dribbling in tight spaces almost Messi-like

Tonykross

Deulofeu at the moment is better than Tello,Sanchez and Pedro. He is a game changer and those type of players are extremely rare. He might be immature but that is expected from a player of his age. he is no one trick pony, he can attack defenders on either side and dribble in tight spaces.He is also becoming a more composed finisher.

Micah

there is always room for improvement but to say that he is slowing down the game is foolish, he is the one who creates and executes all the time, and yes he loses balls but so does messi, its a thing with these guys that they win most of the dribbles but also lose some, he is far far from Tello, he is already above him and is defo better than him atm...Tello is older and thats the thing with him

and I hope you dont really mean when you say he can be easily figured out and is one trick pony, just looks at the video and his dribbles, thats not what Tello does, Deulofeu is much more skillful and extremly well adjusted to dribbling in tight spaces almost Messi-like

He's scored some great goals, which i agree but watch closely on his dribbles, not anything likes Messi's. He looks out of control at times, Messi has a touch of the ball in almost every step of his dribbles, but Deu's approach is more like keeping his feet close to the ball,but without having many touches, which means he has less control in direction hence why he ends up just crashing onto defenders most of the time.
Also his first touch is still quite poor, by now he should have improved largely on that aspect.

Btw i'm not trying to prove that he's not talented,far from it. Just not buying into all the monumental hype yet. He could be a potential star, but he's not yet a first team material.

Tonykross

Micah, Really ? How is Pedro, Sanchez and Tello better than Deulofeu ? no one is comparing his dribbles to Messi, who is the greatest dribbler of all time IMO, but he is a better dribbler than even CR.I think he can add that X-factor to our team in tight games when Messi is being marked by numerous players. neither Sanchez,Pedro Tello can provide that.

khaled_a_d

Man,I thought we are done with all this "Deulofeu should stay in Barca B" crap
Guys ,he is dominating in second division ,staying there won't help him at all specially with the current coach ,It is time for him to take the next step in his career , and that is playing in first division ,if the management thinks he isn't good enough for first team then loan him to a team like Valencia ,who wanted him last summer btw on loan
And also ,all the reports indicates he is getting promoted next year
And with Villa/Sanchez probably leaving , there is enough room for him in first team ,even if we got Neymar ,when players don't get promoted they don't have to be starter immediately ,he will have to earn that with his hard work

Man,I thought we are done with all this "Deulofeu should stay in Barca B" crap
Guys ,he is dominating in second division ,staying there won't help him at all specially with the current coach ,It is time for him to take the next step in his career , and that is playing in first division ,if the management thinks he isn't good enough for first team then loan him to a team like Valencia ,who wanted him last summer btw on loan
And also ,all the reports indicates he is getting promoted next year
And with Villa/Sanchez probably leaving , there is enough room for him in first team ,even if we got Neymar ,when players don't get promoted they don't have to be starter immediately ,he will have to earn that with his hard work

Thing is, he probably won't get that much playing time in the first team. Not as much as he does in the B team anyways. Though Villa and Sanchez leaving would help, and we are a little weak on the wings.
IMO, he should be given a few games this season (especially once La Liga is wrapped up). Not sure whether he should be promoted next season though. It may or may not be a good idea. Maybe give him more games and then promote him the following season.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Thing is, he probably won't get that much playing time in the first team. Not as much as he does in the B team anyways. Though Villa and Sanchez leaving would help, and we are a little weak on the wings.
IMO, he should be given a few games this season (especially once La Liga is wrapped up). Not sure whether he should be promoted next season though. It may or may not be a good idea. Maybe give him more games and then promote him the following season.
Again ,in this case he should be loaned ,not just waste another year in second division ,and it is normal for young players at his age not to get a lot of minutes after being promoted .

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's scored some great goals, which i agree but watch closely on his dribbles, not anything likes Messi's. He looks out of control at times, Messi has a touch of the ball in almost every step of his dribbles, but Deu's approach is more like keeping his feet close to the ball,but without having many touches, which means he has less control in direction hence why he ends up just crashing onto defenders most of the time.
Also his first touch is still quite poor, by now he should have improved largely on that aspect.

Btw i'm not trying to prove that he's not talented,far from it. Just not buying into all the monumental hype yet. He could be a potential star, but he's not yet a first team material.

Dude he has great close control and looks pretty damn composed when dribbling in/around the box. His main style of dribbling consists of cuts and ball rolls while messi uses feints and multiple touches so I don't get why you're comparing the two. He is definitely not a one trick pony as he can wade through a crowd of defenders rather than just being paranoid and lost and therefore hitting the ball 2 yards ahead to catch up to it most of the time unsuccessfully (like Tello). His touch isn't poor, on the contrary it's above average i'd say. He's pretty standard with his first touch and just does the basics to keep the ball in his control and then look to dribble an opponent or pick out a pass. More time doing rondos with the first team will build his ability as a one touch player and largely quicken his reactions. Also I am very impressed with his recent improvement in passing. He's gotten quite a few great assists and plays some pretty deadly passes in the final third. He's obviously more of a goalscorer, but he's definitely not the total ballhog that he used to be (sometimes a little selfish but it's good that he has the guts to take things for himself sometimes)

He's not perfect yet but he's definitely improving at a really rapid rate and is a quality player.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

I kind of agree with this, or atleast the point you're trying to make. Deulofeu still has to improve on pretty much everything, and I believe the best option would be to have him with the B team next year but give him first team football, a bit like what we did to Thiago and then Tello when Villa got injured

spark

1. Tello's "dribbling" is kick and rush. Deulo tried that for a while when he was 17 and first started playing in the second division. He was used used to being faster than his peers all his career. It didn't work, so he used his other skill set- close control and feints as he got used to Segunda football. Where Gerard learns at a rapid rate what works and what doesn't, Tello is still trying to push the ball past the fullback and chase after it. That is why as soon as Gerard started playing for the sub 21' national team he benched Tello and scored 3 goals in 4 games and Tello still didn't score for the sub 21.

2. Mentioning Jese. Is this an attempt at baiting us? Madrid fans have been calling him the next big them for about 5 years. Jese even had an interview last month saying he doesn't know what he else he has to do to get first team playing time. Minus penalties its actually two more than Jese. But that's the point, Jese has always played closer to the goal and was usually better at finishing while Gerard scored the great goals. Gerard has improved to the point that despite being younger than every player in top scorers list (including Jese, by a full year) he's the joint leader.

Home of Barca Fans