Gerard Deulofeu

ShandyFFM

that is a totally different situation
the decision to promote Bojan wasn't wrong at that time ,we actually had no other option with the relegation of barca B to fourth division ,and the kid was phenomenal at his first season considering his age ,breaking many club youngest record ,even Messi didn't show the same performance at same age ,he looked like the next big thing that year tbh
that said Bojan stopped developing as a player ,he remained with the 17 years old undeveloped body and even lost some(may be all) confidence ,never tried to improve his all around game
this things happens ,the work ethic can change careers unpredictably ,I remember that the most hyped defender from Barca youth system back in 2007 was called Teron (or Terron ) ,was same team of Thiago and was called next Ayala ,he is now around 22 and playing in 3rd division ,Bartra wasn't as hyped as him and is playing in 1st team now
Gerard on the other hand ,proved himself in much higher and stronger situations ,he continued to develop and showed gr8 work ethic ,this season he is a totally different player than he was last year ,he is also 180 cm and already has stronger body than Bojan ever did
I don't believe he should start right away ,that said he showed the potential and work ethic that can make us believe he can be a started by the end of next season taking into account how bad our wingers right now
good post mate

spark

I don't see how the height matters at all because Deulofeu has never done anything noteworthy in the air. He's definitely a ground player.

True.Cant get on the end of crosses if you are the one crossing most of your career ! He would have to learn to peel off his marker etc, but at 18 hes a blank canvas so he can pick up these skills as he grows. Off topic but for all of his flaws, his improvement is scary.At 15 he was a scorer of great goals but not prolific and now he leads the second division charts in scoring. The likes of Paco and Jese and Morata were out scoring him in youth competitions even if he was always the main danger man from wide positions. Now he has serious composure. When that defender mistimed his header last weekend I never doubted he would score score or at least test the keeper.

Micah

I hear he had a great game last weekend, but i couldn't watch the match, and i've been looking all over the net for the highlights and surprisingly couldn't find it anywhere. Would really appreciate it if anyone get me a link or at least just his goals.

kozza

He needs to stay 2 more seasons at B team and improve many things, for example he is too selfish and he lost many times the ball trying to do some messiesque dribbles even he is far from having Messi's talent, he should also simplify his playing.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He had a very good first half but was poor in the second. I think 1 more season in with Barca B should be enough, and he should be given about 10 games for the first team too.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He had a very good first half but was poor in the second. I think 1 more season in with Barca B should be enough, and he should be given about 10 games for the first team too.

That would be the case with any other canterano but I think Deulofeu should be promoted next season. He's developing and improving at a much faster rate than any other youth product has/would and his results have proven that he can handle being promoted at an earlier age than the average player. 17 goals already in the segunda league and he's still a teenager. This proves that he is ready to make that transition. While he wouldn't cement a starting position next season, he's definitely capable of playing in most of the lower table league games, copa games, and unimportant CL ties. While we can't rush him into the first team, it's unfair to him to just leave him in the B team when he is clearly ready to at least play a bit-part role next season for the seniors.

fuqi

very nice video. and deulofeu not bad player. he is being better every day every match. i think that, he will be first class player and he will be in ballon d'or trio next years. just patience a few years for him. cos he is just 18 yet

Home of Barca Fans