Gerard Deulofeu

Paganinisrvnge

Jesus you guys are acting like this is Fifa 13 or something. No 18 year old will break into the starting lineup over players who have proven more in a higher division. Yes, Deulofeu has potential, but he still has a long way to go and a lot of things to improve before he gets the pressure of starting in multiple matches for the first team. I know we're in a dip in form and that you guys aren't exactly satisfied with the performance of certain players but making such rash claims and insults based off of your current anger is no way to go.

You're right. Deulofeu should play in Barcelona B for at least 8 more seasons until he's ready. :mou:

Demon17

Maestro
I think a player with his workrate and ego-less attitude is definitely a Barcelona type player. He isn't a match changer, but a Barça type player nevertheless, especially for the system. Although I don't think he is starter material, we need a winger who can add some dynamism and cutting edge to this team, and currently we are lacking one.

LOL this is exactly what I meant to say but I wasn't able to explain. I have seen him seasons ago when he was great but I'm talking about right now.

Indignado

That's indeed exactly the point he was making :facepalm:

He wanted to say that Deulofeu is ready. Players like Tello or Cuenca were not nearly as good as Deulofeu is now while playing in the B team. I agree he should gather some experience but it's no use keeping someone at Segunda when it's obvious they're too good. Age doesn't matter, the quality does.

Micah

With Neymar and Deulofeu it will make things easier for Messi. ATM he is only got the midfield for support. Sanchez and Pedro are useless, Pedro isn't a Barcelona type player.

Perdro is having poor season, but you must be crazy to think he not a 'Barca type'. You even remember his 2010 and 2011 season. He was brilliant and scoring goals in crucial games. His lack of goals has made the whole situation worse for him as pressure keeps piling every game. But he's a good player, he's been brilliant for the NT though.
And you seriously think some unproven Brazilian showboat is going to be solving the problem.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He wanted to say that Deulofeu is ready. Players like Tello or Cuenca were not nearly as good as Deulofeu is now while playing in the B team. I agree he should gather some experience but it's no use keeping someone at Segunda when it's obvious they're too good. Age doesn't matter, the quality does.

I agree he is getting too big for Segunda but he is also wayyy too raw for the first team; at the moment he's kind of in no-mans land so to speak. The system is perfect for him right now as he gets great game experience in the Segunda but trains with the first team to smooth out the edges and get a feel for what it's like in a sense. That way next season when he probably does get promoted, he will come into the first team with the right mentality, the right level of talent/potential, and a well rounded knowledge of all the basic skills he needs to play the first team game and improve at it. Rushing him just because of the poor form of our other wingers will do nothing but boost his already large ego and put too much pressure on him at this early of a stage in his development.

Overall what I'm saying is that there have to be a lot of things fulfilled for him to be ready and fully prepared for first team football. He shouldn't just be promoted because he has the talent, or because there is a dip in form for the 1st team wingers. There's a lot more to it. He has to be physically and mentally prepared and eased in to make sure he can make the transition well. You can't just throw him in with the sharks because you want to be entertained by another masia-phenom and because fans think he is "the perfect fix for the problem" without knowing the full picture.

That being said, I do feel like he should get more first team chances to gain more experience before next season. Although I am confident that the coaches will give it to him because as more time goes on, it'll become more glaringly obvious that he deserves to be considered for a few call ups. However any playing time that is given to him should be given for the purpose of his development and to give him experience, not to gamble and put pressure on him by relying on him in important matches.

jamrock

I don't think he is training with the first team much though a few here and there but that's it. Not in the way our youngsters did before this season, take thiago for example he trained more with the senior team than he did with the b team or equally the season before he was promoted fully, that's one thing that's missing from his development.

Tonykross

Deulofeu is way more talented than Pedro, Alexis,Tello, if he had the minutes of those three in the first team he would have had at least ten league goals. The kid is a superstar in the making, I'm tired of this "not being ready nonsense".Sterling who plays for liverpool is less talented than Deulofeu.A player like Pedro was made by Guardiola, without him, he would have been playing in one segunda team somewhere.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Deulofeu is way more talented than Pedro, Alexis,Tello, if he had the minutes of those three in the first team he would have had at least ten league goals. The kid is a superstar in the making, I'm tired of this "not being ready nonsense".Sterling who plays for liverpool is less talented than Deulofeu.A player like Pedro was made by Guardiola, without him, he would have been playing in one segunda team somewhere.

It's not like Sterling breaking into the Liverpool first team is nearly as big of a deal or as difficult to manage as Deulofeu breaking into the Barcelona first team.

Tonykross

I wasn't around at the time, but were all of you guys similarly clamoring for Bojan to get more playing time?

I was one of those at that time who said, didn't see anything special about Bojan, No speed, no technique, apart from scoring zillion of goals in the youth teams.Bojan never played in the Segunda, he was just promoted after playing some few games in Segunda B.

ShandyFFM

Give deulofeu a chance at the end of the season and see how he matches with tello and messi in the attack i would say .. Then sell villa and alexis next season and get nani or and neymar... This eould mean we got messi,tello,cuenca,nani,deulofeu and perhaps neymar for attack.... Superb imo then a defender and a coach and we are good to go

khaled_a_d

I wasn't around at the time, but were all of you guys similarly clamoring for Bojan to get more playing time?

that is a totally different situation
the decision to promote Bojan wasn't wrong at that time ,we actually had no other option with the relegation of barca B to fourth division ,and the kid was phenomenal at his first season considering his age ,breaking many club youngest record ,even Messi didn't show the same performance at same age ,he looked like the next big thing that year tbh
that said Bojan stopped developing as a player ,he remained with the 17 years old undeveloped body and even lost some(may be all) confidence ,never tried to improve his all around game
this things happens ,the work ethic can change careers unpredictably ,I remember that the most hyped defender from Barca youth system back in 2007 was called Teron (or Terron ) ,was same team of Thiago and was called next Ayala ,he is now around 22 and playing in 3rd division ,Bartra wasn't as hyped as him and is playing in 1st team now
Gerard on the other hand ,proved himself in much higher and stronger situations ,he continued to develop and showed gr8 work ethic ,this season he is a totally different player than he was last year ,he is also 180 cm and already has stronger body than Bojan ever did
I don't believe he should start right away ,that said he showed the potential and work ethic that can make us believe he can be a started by the end of next season taking into account how bad our wingers right now

Home of Barca Fans