Gerard Deulofeu

frog-fcb

Why is everyone thinking delou should be on loan in spain or that everton is to big a team for him to be loaned to. In my opinion everton is an almost perfect place for him they are in a tough league and when he does play he is coming up against strong smart defenders even in training he will be learning new things which will really help his game in the long run. Also the size of everton is about right for him as we all know he has quite an ego an if he were at a lower level team being the star player it wouldn really bring hos ego into check for him while at a higher level club he will realise if he wants to play he will need to buckle down and work hard to get there

jamrock

no one thinks everton is too big a club, as we have said he should have gone to a valencia or sevilla.

he should come back to spain next season or the club, to adapt to the spanish defenders who won't fall for some of his tricks

frog-fcb

If he went to one of them spanish clubs the only bigger teams he could come up against would be real an athletico as id say he would be ineligable to play against barca weras in epl with everton there is a lot of bigger teams to play against week in week out. Also look at what a bit of time spent in england done for cesc etc

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If he went to one of them spanish clubs the only bigger teams he could come up against would be real an athletico as id say he would be ineligable to play against barca weras in epl with everton there is a lot of bigger teams to play against week in week out. Also look at what a bit of time spent in england done for cesc etc

Cesc's vision/penetration is a result of his own style and ability. The only thing that being in England did for him at Barca was give him experience so that he came back as a quality player but actually caused him to struggle to adapt to our playing style.

Deulofeu could get that experience at a Spanish club, it doesn't HAVE to be in England. There are plenty of tough teams in la liga aside from the big 3 (Athletic, Valencia, Sociedad, Villarreal, Sevilla, etc.). The main difference is that he'd be in a native country AND be playing in a much more tactical/technical league that allows him: more time on the ball, less disorganization/anarchy in play than the PL, better playing time, refines his on the ball/off the ball abilities a lot more, and teaches him to work in tighter spaces.

jamrock

Cesc's vision/penetration is a result of his own style and ability. The only thing that being in England did for him at Barca was give him experience so that he came back as a quality player but actually caused him to struggle to adapt to our playing style.

Deulofeu could get that experience at a Spanish club, it doesn't HAVE to be in England. There are plenty of tough teams in la liga aside from the big 3 (Athletic, Valencia, Sociedad, Villarreal, Sevilla, etc.). The main difference is that he'd be in a native country AND be playing in a much more tactical/technical league that allows him: more time on the ball, less disorganization/anarchy in play than the PL, better playing time, refines his on the ball/off the ball abilities a lot more, and teaches him to work in tighter spaces.

perfect response

Alg1878

I agree with this. The pace of the Premier League is so fast, players don't get much time on the ball to make a decision before a challenge comes flying in and there is more competition within the league. Also living in a foreign country learning a new language will force him to grow up a bit faster.

Paul Scholes and Gary Neville have just been praising him on the football highlights show. Paul Scholes reserved praise for his 'assist' in chesting the ball to Barkley under pressure to set up the goal.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Same for me, well said...Can't imagine Everton were high on the club's list but I suppose Martinez tilted it in his favor...Not only does he not play enough but we all know how deadly Deulofeu can be in space without needing him to prove it in the Premiership...Bring him back to Spain

jamrock

i think its his injuries that stop him for playing more, because he was just starting to adapt.

he needs to comeback to spain for all the reasons donandres said, Villarreal/sevilla/Valencia/Celta. if atletico would have him it would be perfection.

its that are return home, but i worry if tata will play him enough

DinhoR10

I really rather he come and play pre season with us for a couple games then go and join celta. Playing with messi and iniesta will stop all that showboating, it'll make him realise who the real gods are. :lol:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
i think its his injuries that stop him for playing more, because he was just starting to adapt.

he needs to comeback to spain for all the reasons donandres said, Villarreal/sevilla/Valencia/Celta. if atletico would have him it would be perfection.

its that are return home, but i worry if tata will play him enough

Wouldn't want him on a counter attacking side, tbh...Even Racing or Rayo would be good choices

jamrock

Wouldn't want him on a counter attacking side, tbh...Even Racing or Rayo would be good choices

yeah i see what you saying, but he also needs to go to a team thats at least competing.

all and all i think its best he comes home and adapts to our style, where he will get considerably less space than he is use to getting so far in his career

Adversus

"They either have regressed or have suffered the toll of a long season that has been compounded by a lack of depth in their squad"

We don't have a lack of depth. We had 8 first team starters out around January. There's not a team in the world that would have coped with that. We've won the last 4 and that's without Jagielka (England's first choice center back) and Pienaar as well as the long terms.

Anyway, great game from Deulofeu. You can see how much he's progressing from his workrate and decision making. He could be a world class player but he needs to continue to realize that it's a team game and being the star man for a mid-table La Liga team playing against weak defenders is not the answer.

Zangash

Banned
I like how all the Everton fans are in here trying to trash La Liga and Deulofeu at the same time in an effort to convince us and themselves that it's best for Deulofeu to stay at Everton another season. News flash boys: Those "weak defenders" are the same ones Messi beats on a consistent basis and that isn't stopping him from being the best in history. The only thing weak about it is that argument.

And I'm honestly perplexed by the bashing of Deulofeu.

He could be a world class player but he needs to continue to realize that it's a team game and being the star man for a mid-table La Liga team playing against weak defenders is not the answer.

He'd realize it a lot faster while playing for Barca or Valencia than he would at Everton. He is too good to be sitting on your bench. If he wasn't on loan he'd be starting every game at Everton, I'm 100% sure.

And come on, people are acting like Barca is too good to develop their own players. Obviously, we've never done such a thing before.

At the moment he's miles better than Alexis was in 12/13, and if Alexis could maintain a spot as a starter while going an entire half season without a single goal in La Liga I don't see why Deulofeu shouldn't be able to get a chance in our team.

Adversus

Cristiano Ronaldo said that the La Liga defenders where far weaker than the premiership and he's played against both so I think his opinion is worth more than yours.

But I'm not bashing Deulofeu. I think he's brilliant however he's still just turned 20. Barca are one of the top 3 teams in world football and I'm comparing him to your standards which are the highest they can be.

But you're wrong anyway. He wouldn't be starting every game if we owned him. Barkley who's the same age and possibly, in fact probably (btw you should see the goal he scored tonight) is better at the moment and he doesn't play every game.

I think the problem is that when our team is fully fit you don't realize the level we're at - which quite frankly isn't too far off the leaders.

If you think what he needs is an ego boost being the star man playing every week at a mid table La Liga side or meaningless minutes for Barca then fair enough but I think that's the last thing he needs.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans