Gerard Deulofeu

khaled_a_d

I think that's highly unlikely. The only players we have sold for more than 20m euros in the last 10 years have been Ibrahimovic (24m), Cesc (33m), Alexis (40m) and Yaya Toure (30m). Players on a completely different level than what Deulofeu has shown.

I think a price closer to what we got for Bojan is more likely (1.8m euros), as Bojan didn't have a good season prior to being sold either. Perhaps we can get 4m.

Bojan had 4 bad seasons in row .one of them with Ajax in freakin Eredivisie was 24 and at the end he showed way less potential than Gerard have right now (I am talking about 2014 Bojan bot 2007)
20M is unrealistic probably , we would probably get nothing less than 6M we got for D.Suarez .but tough to see him get us more than 15M

Jombi

Bojan had 4 bad seasons in row .one of them with Ajax in freakin Eredivisie was 24 and at the end he showed way less potential than Gerard have right now (I am talking about 2014 Bojan bot 2007)
20M is unrealistic probably , we would probably get nothing less than 6M we got for D.Suarez .but tough to see him get us more than 15M

Yeah, that's why I think we might get twice as much for Deulofeu as we did for Bojan (so perhaps 4m instead of 1.8m), but I dont think we'll get more than for Denis Suarez. I might be wrong, but I believe Suarez has been better than Deulofeu this season for Sevilla.

khaled_a_d

Yeah, that's why I think we might get twice as much for Deulofeu as we did for Bojan (so perhaps 4m instead of 1.8m), but I dont think we'll get more than for Denis Suarez. I might be wrong, but I believe Suarez has been better than Deulofeu this season for Sevilla.

Suarez was a fixed clause that was low due to Rakitic deal .and to allow us to get him for reasonable buy back price too .totally different situation .
Barca has no reason to sell Gerard for less than 6M , we better keep him than selling him for Douglas price

Jombi

Suarez was a fixed clause that was low due to Rakitic deal .and to allow us to get him for reasonable buy back price too .totally different situation .
Barca has no reason to sell Gerard for less than 6M , we better keep him than selling him for Douglas price

I think it all depends on what Lucho wants. If Lucho doesnt rate him, he will be off-loaded no matter what IMO. I heard we are ready to sell Song for 6m euros. It would really surprise me alot if we get more than 5m euros for Deulofeu.

khaled_a_d

I think it all depends on what Lucho wants. If Lucho doesnt rate him, he will be off-loaded no matter what IMO. I heard we are ready to sell Song for 6m euros. It would really surprise me alot if we get more than 5m euros for Deulofeu.

Fiorentina president said they made 13M offer for Montoya,for that 20M would be the least we should ask for Gerard
you can't just make comparison in those deals ,you can always say how players value are huge due to David Luiz price .or in comparison to Rakitic .
Song for example has big wage ,we want to get rid of it ,it is a problem for us and that would lower his price .that isn't the case with Gerard
It won't depend just on Lucho ,every coach knows that he has to work with a margin of players he doesn't want ideally due to the market .it was rumored that Lucho wanted Montoya out and he stayed due to management .I highly doubt he knew about Douglas either and Vermaelen wasn't his ideal choice

Jombi

Fiorentina president said they made 13M offer for Montoya,for that 20M would be the least we should ask for Gerard
you can't just make comparison in those deals ,you can always say how players value are huge due to David Luiz price .or in comparison to Rakitic .
Song for example has big wage ,we want to get rid of it ,it is a problem for us and that would lower his price .that isn't the case with Gerard
It won't depend just on Lucho ,every coach knows that he has to work with a margin of players he doesn't want ideally due to the market .it was rumored that Lucho wanted Montoya out and he stayed due to management .I highly doubt he knew about Douglas either and Vermaelen wasn't his ideal choice

Rakitic had a year left on his contract which normally reduce the price by about 50-60%, so 40-45m euros would have been the normal price considering we paid 20m, so seems about right to me.

Does Song really have a such a high wage compared to other EPL players? He is also counted as a home-grown player for English clubs which should increase his value quite a bit.

I hope you are right though. I took a look at our sales of La Masia products over the years, and pretty much everyone goes for free or for a couple of million. Not a single player was sold for more than 6m, except Thiago.

I do rate Montoya much higher than Deulofeu though. I think Montoya is a very good RB, he just is never given the chance to get into match rhythm and form.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

There's talk of Everton buying him for a pitiful £3 million sum. A complete joke if true, the lad is extremely talented and still only 21, did great in the Premier League when given playing time.

Zangash

Banned
Would be great to see him succeed in England. The kind of space they afford him there would see him become a killer if he improves his goal scoring touch.

Jombi

There's talk of Everton buying him for a pitiful £3 million sum. A complete joke if true, the lad is extremely talented and still only 21, did great in the Premier League when given playing time.

Yes, considering Bojan was sold for 1.8m euros and Fontas was sold for 1m euros, I would be very surprised if we get more than 4m euros for Deulofeu.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sell with buyback.

And tell Gerard that if he want a career at Barca then he better get his shit together. Earn it by getting your head right and performing well.

Jombi

Buybacks usually means a drastically lower transfer fee though. So there are disadvantages and advantages of buybacks.

We never utilize buybacks though.

Home of Barca Fans