Gerard Deulofeu

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I hope we finally have a proper sporting director after the election, not just for the sake of the first time but more for our B team, which lost some players because of the lack of a real sporting director to settle the contracts and etc., I heard.

Could we still get Monchi?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Would be quite an indictment of how small time Everton are if they got the fee wrong...Last season they inexplicably pulled this shit too

everton_2626807b.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] You are underestimating Braida's role. Guy seems to know everything related to transfers as well as contracts of Barca players. I think he assumed much of Zubi's roles.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] You are underestimating Braida's role. Guy seems to know everything related to transfers as well as contracts of Barca players. I think he assumed much of Zubi's roles.

I'm not underestimating him. His experience and vast knowledge regarding Italy is a valuable asset, but I'm just clarifying his role because he has been appointed in an advisory role with regards to the international market and especially Italy and because of his great relationship with Juve's Marotta(close friends).

But apart from that and what he is told to do, he has nothing to do with any negotiations. Raul Sanllehi is the Director of Football and he took over many of Zubi's responsibilities once he was sacked which includes negotiating contracts and transfers(Sanllehi was already our main negotiator in important transfers)

khaled_a_d

Very doubtful ,with 2 board members and a guy who has been in the club for decades like Rexach there is no way Braida is the one calling shots here .it is already said he is an advisor and part of the 4 man committee but that's it
He is the one who shows and speaks to the media and people are assuming he is taking Zubi role because of it .but I highly doubt he has that influence in the club

Adversus

His girlfriend has just tweeted and her locating was Liverpool, England plus the local journalists seems to know something concrete. Looks like his transfer to Everton might happen either today or tomorrow.

Zangash

Banned
This is the Real Madrid way of doing things but the player has been so mismanaged that it's really our only option left. Gonna have to watch a lot of Everton now, which isn't pleasant, but it'll be interesting to see how Gerard develops under Martinez. Who knows, maybe by the time the two seasons have ended he'll have improved enough to make Lucho want to bring him back. He has the talent, he just needs the attitude. Imagine his skill with Munir or Sandro's attitude on the pitch. Umph.

Adversus

This is the Real Madrid way of doing things but the player has been so mismanaged that it's really our only option left. Gonna have to watch a lot of Everton now, which isn't pleasant, but it'll be interesting to see how Gerard develops under Martinez. Who knows, maybe by the time the two seasons have ended he'll have improved enough to make Lucho want to bring him back. He has the talent, he just needs the attitude. Imagine his skill with Munir or Sandro's attitude on the pitch. Umph.
I think most people think it's going to be a 3 year buyback option. If he goes back it will hurt but at this stage I just want to see it confirmed.

Bran the Greenseer

I want to see him play alot and use his talent, if it wasn't for some injury problems he would have gotten alot more time at Everton so I trust Martinez in that department. Aside from his attitude and lack of defensive workrate (But lets be honest neither Neymar nor Messi track back all the time, they press but they're not like Pedro) he has everything, fk ability, pace, dribbling, shooting, through balls, link up play. Real time under his belt and he could be great ESPECIALLY if he develops his left foot more and can start shooting on it regularly.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
My question is, would/will the player want to return if the rumours are true over the next 3 seasons...This goes hand in hand with how poorly La Masia has been handled to alienate one of it's most prized talents the way Deulofeu has been mismanaged

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
My question is, would/will the player want to return if the rumours are true over the next 3 seasons...This goes hand in hand with how poorly La Masia has been handled to alienate one of it's most prized talents the way Deulofeu has been mismanaged

You mean, like Pep "mismanaged" Bojan?

Barcilliant

He has NOT been mismanaged. He has simply not shown enough application or discipline on the pitch. He needs to get it into his head that he is NOT CR7.

Everton is a poor choice. I would have loaned him to Porto or Benfica. Hell, loan him to Inter or Milan-they need players.

Home of Barca Fans