Gerard Piqué

adil_909

you clearly have no idea about the long term damage to the human brain and nervous system that a concussion can have on a human being. to make it worse, Pique will be using his head frequently during the match to clear inbound crosses and such. for the sake of him remembering his grandchildren's names, he must sit out the rest of the season.

EDIT: dude, you live in Pennsylvania ... what ... you didn't follow the Crosby-situation for the past 2 seasons? or all of those NFL/NHL players who killed themselves because of brain damage due to repeated hits to the head? c'mon now ...

i'm finishing med school in two weeks and will be starting a residency program in july in pediatrics. i don't know your background, but i'm pretty confident in my understanding of the neurological complications with mild traumatic brain injuries. i have seen TONS of kids with concussive syndromes, and none of them get wrapped up in cotton wool like you're advocating we do for pique. the problem is not the initial concussion, that is a protective mechanism. once you rule out other complications, like a bleed in the brain or resolution of all neurological issues, the player generally gets cleared to return to action. the issue is if there is another concussion close to the first one. there is zero data out there that suggests people with a single concussion are likely to suffer long term brain damage, if you find one please share it with me. the issue is always REPEATED concussions. and nobody can predict whether victor valdes will decide to be a clown again and clock pique in the head a second time if he comes out. you can look on emedicine and other forums, the recomendations for return to play, while controversial, are generally that for a first concussion, you can return to play about a week after all symptoms totally resolve.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Tw Puyol (to Pique): "Thought with that blow on your head, things would be put in the right place! But apparently not... No solution there."

HAHA, in your face nutcase!!

ammarfcb

ze special one
tumblr_m3atld3duk1rrs4goo1_400.jpg

SoMa

His entourage leaked to the press that they would listen to offers because he didn't like being a sub in important games....

Home of Barca Fans