Gerard Piqué

Irish_Cules

Being left 1-1 with Ronaldo is always a recipe for disaster. Can't really blame Pique alone for that.

Its not an ideal situation obviously but there was still no need to dive in considering the position he had Ronaldo in. The angle was too wide to warrant committing fully to a slide tackle.

hellsangel1

Pique makes a few too many mistakes to be considered a world class CB. The fact is that he is making more and more of these mistakes in the last couple of years when Puyol is feauturing less due to age or injury. And I know Puyol made mistakes too.

Richard.H

Pique used to skin CR alive during 09-10 and 10-11 clasicos. I don't know what has happened, either CR got a lot faster than Pique, or Pique has slowed down a lot.

Barcilliant

We need to get Batra upto speed and get another full back. Hell, at this point I'd even consider going for Gary Cahill! LOL! At least he is a no nonsense defender.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Pique used to skin CR alive during 09-10 and 10-11 clasicos. I don't know what has happened, either CR got a lot faster than Pique, or Pique has slowed down a lot.

The difference is that Ronaldo doesn't have a mental block about Barca anymore. Also he doesn't exclusively stay on the left wing like before either

barcanuck

605026-real-madrid-beat-barcelona-in-copa-del-rey.jpg

Beaten.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
he jumped wayyy slower than Varane...

He didn't even notice Varane, when you see the video you he just stood there marking no one and then went straight for the ball, not even realizing Varane was there... Just terrible defending...

The header was class, though...

Home of Barca Fans