Gerard Piqué

impeh

Hi, its me..
andy gray (the commentator on the stream i was watching) made a point when they scored saying that he must be under a lot of pressure from every corner as he is the only person who can head, and he has a point. Everyone else is much smaller, and without puyol on the pitch he's the only person thats gonna properly defend corner kicks. Busquets is tall but not great in the air.. and thats pretty much it.

Even if we buy a new CB that wont really change as it will be Puyol who he's replacing (eventually) so we'll still only have two main people that can defend corners, when previously we had abidal as well. Unless ofc Tito goes with 3CBs and alba/alves in the big games, which is a possibility.

Unless we're gonna buy a new RB thats great in the air (seems unlikely), whoever that comes in to replace Valdes needs to be good from set pieces coming to get/punch the ball.

..anyway :lol: in general i thought pique was alright, better than the cup game against them anyway. The game completely changed when ronaldo and Khedira came on.

K

Karnivore

i've gained loads of respect for Ronaldo the way he's turned his fortunes around in these fixtures. Coudln't hit a cows arse with a banjo in his first 10 games against them. Now he's the most feared player on the pitch. Barcelona players run scared of him rather than the Madrid players who used to do it with Messi, and now deal with him with ease. Perhaps a competant manager with a clue would stop playing such a high line and enusre Ronaldo's always got players around him.

Meitux

i just hope one day he doesnt become the captain of this team.He doesnt have the mentality of the leader and he doesnt give everything on the pitch like Puyol and will never be...

Cule4life

The Culest
i've gained loads of respect for Ronaldo the way he's turned his fortunes around in these fixtures. Coudln't hit a cows arse with a banjo in his first 10 games against them. Now he's the most feared player on the pitch. Barcelona players run scared of him rather than the Madrid players who used to do it with Messi, and now deal with him with ease. Perhaps a competant manager with a clue would stop playing such a high line and enusre Ronaldo's always got players around him.

I dont always agree with u but u are spot on here mate

Cule4life

The Culest
i just hope one day he doesnt become the captain of this team.He doesnt have the mentality of the leader and he doesnt give everything on the pitch like Puyol and will never be...

I think the line of captains will be Puyol-Xavi-Iniesta-Messi. So we are safe i think

fcbdna

Banned
Piques form for the past 2 seasons have been utterly embarassing, considering the fact that the commands a place in the starting 11. He's actions shows great irresponsibility if you ask me.

Y

Youngie

Pique was in great form for the first half this Liga season (along with the rest of the team). But now I think he doesn't know if he wants to be defender or attacker...

footyfan

Calma, calma
As long as he keeps to his feat he's an amazing defender

That statement is oxymoronic. Being good in the air is one of the primary requirements of being an amazing CB. A defender who cannot judge sliding tackles against certain players cannot be classified amazing.

It's like saying as long as Crouch can convert crosses, he's an amazing forward. I'm exaggerating but the point is clear.

Home of Barca Fans