Gerard Piqué

Barca need him to start focusing again like he did when he first joined in 2008, based on current form he is lucky that Mandzukic is missing first leg and instead probably facing Mr clumsy Mario Gomez

Hummelsbauer

I never rated him that highly. He's a good defender but not nearly as good as some people make him out to be. He'd get exposed if he wasn't hidden behind Barcelona's midfield. I have to shake my head every time I see his absurdly high ratings on FIFA for example over better defenders. No offense intended.

Maria

He needs Puyi and a defensive minded FB like King Eric alongside him
Especially Puyol, who has been so impressive this season:facepalm:..and probably I'm one of Pique's biggest haters on this forum, but it's not his fault that the club refuses to buy him a partner over and over again(especially this year, when Masche has been disapointing and got injured just when he was getting back at his best), that they replaced Abi with Alba, that in front of him there are 2 midfielders that are playing with an injury, that Villa&Messi don't really defend or that the team doesn't seem have a defensive plan or put the same pressure since Pep left. With Spain, even if he's not what he used to be until Wembley, atleast he still looks like a top 5 defender.

Does anyone actually rate the guy? He's a terrible defender always as been, it's one of the reasons why United let him go so cheaply.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that..and if Pique was a terrible defender, I don't how United and SAF were in the 2 CL where they made him look like the best in the world.
Pique for years as been made to look better than he actually because he's a defender for a team who can play midfielders in defense, how Pique can still look terrible for a team who does that, well - Just tells me how terrible he really is.
So, he looks good or terrible? Or he is actually more terrible than the terrible he looks? :lol:I can't imagine how bad Caceres and Chigry really were if they still looked baaad in a team that can play Song, Busi or Adriano in defence(even if that means that we receive a goal from a team that had 0 shots on target or 4 goals from the team that until yesterday was the last in La Liga..but hey we can play midfielders in the center of defence..it doesn't really matter that the only midfielders that actually played well next to Pique were Yaya and Mascherano).
Pique is nowadays very inconsistent, but he was a beast of a defender his two first seasons.
Even in his third season he was very good though he had to play all the games because of Puyol's injuries and Abi's desease.
I mean he is a part of two historic sides(Barca, Spain) and has already won everything there is to be won.
Not only that, but he was one of the best players. And the reason of my 'hate' towards Pique right now is the fact that I know that he can be better than he is right now, but the club also has to help him by creating a competition for the CB spots(like Mou did at RM:( ).
But hey! Manchester made an amazing deal to sell him. I am sure their fans feel really lucky.
I hope they are feeling as lucky as we do:wub:..even if he leaves right now, Pique still is(together with Yaya) the best buy we made in the last 7 years. If only we could find another CB for 5M that can be made to look good for the next 3 years:(.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

604050_10151623753859560_455888954_n.jpg

I swore I would never do this and now I am one of those annoying moms showing pics of her baby! Shak
[h=5][/h]

Garrus

Not only that, but he was one of the best players. And the reason of my 'hate' towards Pique right now is the fact that I know that he can be better than he is right now, but the club also has to help him by creating a competition for the CB spots(like Mou did at RM:( ).
This is the main issue with pique currently, His starting spot is almost guaranteed, Looking back on his competition, It's no mystery why, And the injuries are making things even worse, Let's hope this changes when a new CB comes this season, It's going to be a tough race between pique, Maschi, Puyol, and the mystery guy, Since all 4 of them are accustomed for being starters not substitutes.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans