Gerard Piqué

FC Barcelona

I still remember when we had FIVE world-class center backs, with the likes of Marquez, Milito before his injury, Puyol, Pique and Abidal. Now we have 2 world class center backs and they're both out for a while :cry:

I still remember when we had FIVE world-class center backs, with the likes of Marquez, Milito before his injury, Puyol, Pique and Abidal. Now we have 2 world class center backs and they're both out for a while :cry:

Our 2 WC CBs are Pique (when on-form, at least) and Puyol. One's 34 and always injured, the other is inconsistent as fuck (though I think this can be fixed, mainly by finding him the right partner and maybe one other CB for the starting spot).

Masch does well at CB for not being an actual CB, but I wouldn't call him a world class CB, because, well, he's not a CB. And that has showed this season.

spark

Well he keeps changing partners every other game. Cant build an understanding without consistently playing one duo. Just as Bartra and he are understanding each other, in comes Adriano, who isn't even a defender. That doesn't excuse his individual mistakes but the things like the failed offside trap are chemistry issues that we seem to deliberately instigate.

abual3bed1

This is what I want to see from Pique, lead the defense and be a rock solid CB. He was really good last night except for that bad clearing he did.

Barcilliant

Like someone mentioned for such a big guy he is weak and has NO aeriel prowess whatsoever. His positioning for their goal was apalling and it was Adriano and Alves who were scampering back. He was never that fast but nowadays seems slower and more lethargic then ever. I hope Batra stays as a CB and becomes his partner for the rest of the season and we buy a new world class cb ASAP.

Meitux

certainly not a world class defender,he is weak, he is not good in the air,hes very slow and he makes dangerous tackles that many times leads into fouls and in penalties...i think puyol can play as much as he can play but we need to bench this guy (pique),if he continues like this he shouldnt be our defender for the future...

Last edited:

oz187

He was very slack, while watching the game I wanted give him a smack on the head and tell him to wake the fuck up.

Y

Youngie

certainly not a world class defender,he is weak, he is not good in the air,hes very slow and he makes dangerous tackles that many times leads into fouls and in penalties...i think puyol can play as much as he can play but we need to bench this guy (pique),if he continues like this he shouldnt be our defender for the future...

Bench Pique and play Song + Adriano/Bartra as CB's? :bash:

Home of Barca Fans