Gerard Piqué

Barca8

was it true that pep wanted to sell him ?

This story has neither been confirmed or denied because I think Pep doesn't want to undermine his friend Tito.

Do I think it's true? Yes. Sure Pep might have been stressed out but why now? After 3 years of pure domination and winning 4 Trophies his final season (just missed the CL & Liga) why is he now so stressed? I think he wanted to clear out some of the players who had run their course ie. Pique, Dani, Villa, Afellay and maybe a couple others. After bringing that up to ol' Sandro he didn't approve. That undermines Pep, all the success he's achieved and his authority as manager of HIS squad. The added stress had to be from the big question wether to stay or go and since the President didn't back him he felt it was best to leave.
Can't say I blame him.

R

rivaldo10

yeah sometimes when i see pique play its seems like he dosent care that much and he allways needed puyol or mascherano on his side to perform on a high lvl

and i think jose was a big factor why pep looked so stressed out because he put alot of pressure on him even if we beat them 5 : 0

R

rivaldo10

what do you guys think if we could trade him with kompany from manchester city ?

kompany has real leadership like puyol

fcbdna

Banned
what do you guys think if we could trade him with kompany from manchester city ?

kompany has real leadership like puyol

Won't happen they wouldn't fall for it. Besides we will never sell Pique I can bet my last penny on that. Most that can happen is him dropping to the bench.

fcbdna

Banned
did u watched the city derby last year when he scored that header for the 1 : 0 ?

he was the main reason for them to win the title

+1 I must say a lot of people try to immortalize Puyol and deservedly so. But then again its only right to give credit to whom it is due. Kompany has been an absolute leader ever since arriving at city. Its only right to applaud his good qualities.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
But Puyol hasn't been nearly as poor as Kompany... Not to mention Puyol is already at the club, it would cost us around 40 million (knowing City) just to get Kompany to come here.

Galning

did u watched the city derby last year when he scored that header for the 1 : 0 ?

he was the main reason for them to win the title

And what has this to do with leadership? He doesn't come close to Puyol when it comes to leadership. Which isn't a bad thing, because there's probably nobody still active in football who does.

R

rivaldo10

i think we would lose 4 0 even if puyol would play in that game

dont forget the el clasico that we lost 1 - 3

And what has this to do with leadership? He doesn't come close to Puyol when it comes to leadership. Which isn't a bad thing, because there's probably nobody still active in football who is.

Agree. But Kompany's still a leader, which we need (as Pique does best when he has someone like that next to him i.e. Puyol or Ramos), even if he's not as good at it as Puyol (and let's face it, no one is).

I'd say Silva (who we've also been linked with) is a better option though, but he'd probably be even harder to get.

Home of Barca Fans