Gerard Piqué

fcbdna

Banned
But Puyol hasn't been nearly as poor as Kompany... Not to mention Puyol is already at the club, it would cost us around 40 million (knowing City) just to get Kompany to come here.

Lets be honest Puyol will not be playing a lot of games next season. Although its true we probably won't get Kompany due to his contract buyout price.

Barca8

Kompany is a solid defender and is more of a leader than Pique ever could be.

On a different thread I was saying we need to get Puyol & Abidal's replacements this summer... Subotic & Inigo Martinez.
Bench Pique indefinitely.

Yannick03

And what has this to do with leadership? He doesn't come close to Puyol when it comes to leadership. Which isn't a bad thing, because there's probably nobody still active in football who does.

Kompany is an excellent leader, no one is better than that as Puyol but Kompany has an immense feeling of responsibility and leadership. Not only is he a great leader and a superb defender, he is a great human being. Kompany is the player who I respect the most in the whole footballing world as a person, a true gentleman and an admirable human being.

Indignado

Kompany is an excellent leader, no one is better than that as Puyol but Kompany has an immense feeling of responsibility and leadership. Not only is he a great leader and a superb defender, he is a great human being. Kompany is the player who I respect the most in the whole footballing world as a person, a true gentleman and an admirable human being.

I agree on everything except for the leadership part. A true leader spurs on the other players when they're in difficult situations and they've been struggling in the champions league for two seasons.

Yannick03

I agree on everything except for the leadership part. A true leader spurs on the other players when they're in difficult situations and they've been struggling in the champions league for two seasons.

And the fact that they struggled is because of his lack of leadership ? All I can say is that he IMO is the second best captain in the world and I am sure any other Belgians at this forum can confirm my belief. There is no one other I'd rather have as captain of our national team.

Indignado

And the fact that they struggled is because of his lack of leadership ? All I can say is that he IMO is the second best captain in the world and I am sure any other Belgians at this forum can confirm my belief. There is no one other I'd rather have as captain of our national team.

Yes it is, he always looked lost against the big teams and never seemed to really care, rarely told his team mates off. Puyol would have kicked everyone's ass if they had performed like the City players did and he's not the only one who would have done that.

Yannick03

Yes it is, he always looked lost against the big teams and never seemed to really care, rarely told his team mates off. Puyol would have kicked everyone's ass if they had performed like the City players did and he's not the only one who would have done that.

Leadership comes in a lot of different ways, for all we know he might even had given a fierce speech during half-time in the dressing room. If we want a leader in case Puyol is unable to play, buy Kompany.

R

rivaldo10

hummels is the main target for cb even if pique stays

i would get kompany if pique goes

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans