Gerard Piqué

Meitux

Nothing to do with his partners. Once he's dragged out wide he loses the 1 on 1 almost every single time, even against the most average players. That first goal is a trademark "how to get past Pique" move. Take him on 1 on 1 in wide positions, accelerate towards the goalline and that's it - you're free to cross. Remember: even Bojan did the same to him. Pique's too slow on the turn and not aggressive enough to prevent that move.

This Pique is the real Pique. So don't expect him to be "back" anytime soon. Because the version of Pique where he looked like "Piquenbauer" when he had nothing to do all these years under Pep with the whole team pressing like maniacs was the false Pique.
I agree ,cause propably he didnt have much to do back then and now that he needs to step up he proves that he is an average defender who the only good thing he has is his passing...I dont think he is worthy of this team

Last edited:

raedkuwait

Nothing to do with his partners. Once he's dragged out wide he loses the 1 on 1 almost every single time, even against the most average players. That first goal is a trademark "how to get past Pique" move. Take him on 1 on 1 in wide positions, accelerate towards the goalline and that's it - you're free to cross. Remember: even Bojan did the same to him. Pique's too slow on the turn and not aggressive enough to prevent that move.

This Pique is the real Pique. So don't expect him to be "back" anytime soon. Because the version of Pique where he looked like "Piquenbauer" when he had nothing to do all these years under Pep with the whole team pressing like maniacs was the false Pique.

+1 Totally agree with u, many players appeared to be good but only our playing system made them look good, some of those players include Pedro and Peque, remember there is a reason he was
on the bench for Man U.

spark

Pique isn't great for the NT either. Never has to deal with much because of Spain's slow style and Ramos ends up doing most of the necessary work

Absolutely not true. Most of the time he has to cover and mop up for Arbeloa who is always out of position even though it makes zero sense why he should be caught up the field since he adds nothing going forward. They do their equal share of work.

Keikoku

Cabbage
Pique lost it already, he's done for. Enough of him already, he's not the same player he once was. We can't afford to trust our defence with him, we can't always have Puyi to slap his face everytime, I wish Tito bench him to teach him he isn't untouchable in this team.

spark

+1 Totally agree with u, many players appeared to be good but only our playing system made them look good, some of those players include Pedro and Peque, remember there is a reason he was
on the bench for Man U

Not this again. Zero is the number of young defenders which would have displaced Vidic/Ferdinand.

Meitux

haha,i see comments from 2010 and its hilarious,we all thought this guy would be the next captain the next leader of this team and bla bla bla,But we all see the true Pique now that is nothing more than an average player

poldep

1. Pique has to be benched. He has been bad for a long time now. Look at Mourinho, he even benched Iker.
2. We really need 2 new CB this summer.
3. I feel so sorry for the players in this team that are really good like Messi and Iniesta. They deserve to play in a world class team.

Richard.H

haha,i see comments from 2010 and its hilarious,we all thought this guy would be the next captain the next leader of this team and bla bla bla,But we all see the true Pique now that is nothing more than an average player

I was one of those people. I thought he would be one of the best defenders in the history of the game. Anyone remember the days when he was called Piquenbauer rather than Pique? He was so solid at the back that even opposition fans admired him a lot. By now I was really expecting him to be a Puyol-esque player with the leadership and the determination. Amazes me how times have changed...

fcbdna

Banned

gkkf7.gif

Keikoku

Cabbage
I was one of those people. I thought he would be one of the best defenders in the history of the game. Anyone remember the days when he was called Piquenbauer rather than Pique? He was so solid at the back that even opposition fans admired him a lot. By now I was really expecting him to be a Puyol-esque player with the leadership and the determination. Amazes me how times have changed...

Yeah, sure did. Who isn't drolling at his prospect back then, a new signing played very good, his through ball and long ball is look promising, he dribble sometimes but not too often, but back then we all saw how his concentration isn't at good level but wish he can maintenance it in Puyi shadow. Unfortunately he never can get out from that shadow and stalled at it.

And then you look at Piqué's alleged market value ... :shakeshead:

His price is media build, because of his fame. It's like in playstation one where Vieri still have very good stats even he play like crap in Atalanta just because he is famous :lol:

dlx3

This season:
Alves-Pique-Masch-Alba Arbeloa-Ramos-Varane-Coentrao Zabaleta-Kompany-Nastašić-Clichy
-------Busquets------- ------Khedira-----Alonso------- --------Barry-------Yaya---------

1. Pique only has Busquets in front of him and also Busquets has also been off form lately. Both Kompany and Ramos have double pivot formation in front of them, which makes their job a bit easier.
2. Next to him plays Jefecito who is 173 cm tall. So it is Pique's job to retrieve all the headers. Ramos plays with Varane (191cm), Kompany with Nastašič (188 cm) and Hummels plays with Subotić (193 cm).
3. We play with 2 wingbacks and only Jesus knows why. Plus Alves is ALWAYS late on his marker. All the other teams have at least one fullback.

It's not all down to Pique. He didn't just suddenly lost his qualities. Just bring him a top CB to pair with and play with only one wingback and he'll be back.

Stric

Just a few months ago, in the first half of the season, he was being called Piquenbauer and praised all over the forum, with :pique: emoticons thrown around proudly, but now that his form has gone bad (and I admit it has), everyone acts as if he hadn't played a good game in 3 years. The level of exaggeration around here is astonishing.

1. Pique has to be benched. He has been bad for a long time now. Look at Mourinho, he even benched Iker.
2. We really need 2 new CB this summer.
3. I feel so sorry for the players in this team that are really good like Messi and Iniesta. They deserve to play in a world class team.

We are a world class team. We're no longer the best team in the world (though I can see that changing next season), and we have our problems, but we are a world class team. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anyways, I don't think he needs to be benched. I think we need to find the right partner for him, as he does well in the Spanish NT where he has Ramos beside him (he generally does pretty well for Barca with Puyol beside him too). We also need to bring back the pressing. Maybe start Montoya instead of Alves, though I can still see the 2 attacking FBs thing working with a better CB next to Pique and better pressing. And maybe buy 1 more CB to provide depth and keep Pique on his toes, if we have enough money left over after our other transfers. However, I think the main things we need to do are get the right CB to replace Puyol, and bring back the pressing.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans