Gerard Piqué

Indignado

Sound logic you got going there. That own-goal on its own WAS a very good example of recklessness. I don't understand people calling Pique unlucky for that. LOL. Unlucky would be if the ball was fired at him at 100 miles an hour.

He had a great game otherwise, but lets be serious, that own goal was really stupid.

I don't think it was due to recklessness, but due to him being slow in his head.

Can't wait for the haters (and by that I mean some Barca supporters) to tear him a new one... He was very unlucky to score that OG, but apart from that, he was absolutely on top of his game. Brilliant first half, probably his best performance of the season.

Yup. He showed that he still has it in him. Like I've said before, I can see him being great next season with the right partner.

hellsangel1

The way opinions change after one good or bad match on this forum really amuses me, really shows a lack of maturity. I mean Fabregas was hailed as this great thing after his performance against Mallorca and then shit when he failed against PSG just a few days later. You don't judge players based on what they have done in 1 or 2 games but over a period of time and Pique's performances over the last 2 seasons haven't merited him starting for this club in the future. He just isn't reliable or consistent enough.

Indignado

The way opinions change after one good or bad match on this forum really amuses me, really shows a lack of maturity. I mean Fabregas was hailed as this great thing after his performance against Mallorca and then shit when he failed against PSG just a few days later. You don't judge players based on what they have done in 1 or 2 games but over a period of time and Pique's performances over the last 2 seasons haven't merited him starting for this club in the future. He just isn't reliable or consistent enough.

The thing is that those different opinions come from different people. The opinions actually don't change that much, it's just that people who previously critisized him mostly keep quiet now.

Stric

Those of us who possess common sense know that he wasn't benched lately because:

1) we have 2 CBs injured and 1 coming back from a liver transplant
2) Tito doesn't give a shit about the form of the players (and injuries to some extent, for that matter) and just plays his most famous eleven or whatever.

How any of this is Pique's fault, I don't understand.

No one said he shouldn't be benched when he's off-form.

jamrock

As I have been saying on form their is few better just need to get the balance in the defense and the whole team right

hellsangel1

I'm not saying that he should have been benched in this game or lately. Everybody knows the injury situation in the centre of defense at Barca. I was talking about the situation going forward and in the future season. The only way you get the old Pique back is if you can get the old Puyol, Abidal and Dani Alves of a few years back. If you can get the Xavi of old back who completely bossed the centre of the pitch and gave good protection to the back-line and if you can get the ridiculously good pressing of Barca of a few years ago.

spark

I'm not saying that he should have been benched in this game or lately. Everybody knows the injury situation in the centre of defense at Barca. I was talking about the situation going forward and in the future season. The only way you get the old Pique back is if you can get the old Puyol, Abidal and Dani Alves of a few years back. If you can get the Xavi of old back who completely bossed the centre of the pitch and gave good protection to the back-line and if you can get the ridiculously good pressing of Barca of a few years ago.

Spain don't press yet his partnership with ramos is excellent. Its not like when Barca could play a midfielder there and not notice. Spain have played Busquets and Martinez there in 2011 when puyol was first injured and it was terrible. The only thing that worked was Ramos-Pique. Pique just needs a complimentary partner.

jamrock

So basically to get pique back you need a balance defense and a well functioning team.

Shocking

Home of Barca Fans