Gerard Piqué

hellsangel1

Because today, that was clearly the case.

Absolutely, so we should forget about the rest of the season and last year as well because he was just so bloody fucking brilliant against Bayern in the second leg. We should forget his performance in the first leg as well. Absolutely incredible how a player's value goes up and down based on one performance (which wasn't entirely flawless BTW).

Last edited:

Superfly

Banned
Spain don't press yet his partnership with ramos is excellent. Its not like when Barca could play a midfielder there and not notice. Spain have played Busquets and Martinez there in 2011 when puyol was first injured and it was terrible. The only thing that worked was Ramos-Pique. Pique just needs a complimentary partner.

Don't forget the fact that with Spain he has a double pivot of Alonso and Busquets covering him..

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Absolutely, so we should forget about the rest of the season and last year as well because he was just so bloody fucking brilliant against Bayern in the second leg. We should forget his performance in the first leg as well. Absolutely incredible how a player's value goes up and down based on one performance (which wasn't entirely flawless BTW).

But players don't simply have good performances out of nowhere; he can obviously play to this level and simply doesn't have the concentration/inclination/isn't told off by coaches/whatever. If we had good competition for the CB position and the coach made it very clear to him he wasn't guaranteed a starting role, I think we'd see a lot more performances like this.

Stric

But players don't simply have good performances out of nowhere; he can obviously play to this level and simply doesn't have the concentration/inclination/isn't told off by coaches/whatever. If we had good competition for the CB position and the coach made it very clear to him he wasn't guaranteed a starting role, I think we'd see a lot more performances like this.

This is the point. When he plays good, it's not an accident. If he was motivated in any way (either by himself, or by his spot in the starting 11 being threatened, or by a lack of success etc.) on a regular basis, his best performances would be more frequent. Besides that, Pique's recent performances are not his average. They're his low point. He needs to get out of this and for starters come back to his average.

PaulFCB

Banned
Who said loan? Sell him and use the money for other players.

I said "we'll see" as in, maybe I'll watch him once or twice fail at Gahahasaray or Anzhit or whoever would spend money for him... :lol:.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

If we sell Pique every club in the world will drive up prices for CBs ridiculously high, because they'll know we have to buy. Now, we sort of have an option, if we sell Pique though...

F

Flavia

Pique was the one to show more heart today, though. His season was bad overall, but we can't afford to sell cbs.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Pique doesn't need to be sold. He needs to be benched. I was sure his attitude was going to turn into a diva when he started hanging out with that Colombian diva. The last thing we needed was to see our best defender turning into a David Beckham.

I still believe he can turn it around but he needs to be benched so he understand that his place in the starting line up is not guaranteed anymore with his current form.

PaulFCB

Banned
Well, lol, you don't think they will just sell him on July 1 and look for a CB afterwards, of course, if they get rid of him they would probably already have a deal with City for Kompany or something, maybe even try an exchange + cash ( we never get the "cash" ).

Or just sell him to Colombia where he can become an even bigger drug lord than Escobar.

Home of Barca Fans