Gerard Piqué

Eetu

Adormit
I agree but there is a difference with obviously protecting the team and being proven to be a hypocrite based on statements that have no connection with protecting anyone. In other words plain and simple contradictions and ridiculous excuses. Something Pep never did, despite him protecting his team and players like every single manager of note should do and does.

Maybe I just don't follow everything close enough anymore to have caught the parts that would make me feel the same. There's been a difference, but for me it's been that he cover's for also those above him - thus Freixa's better human being than Pep.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130504/fc-barcelona/tito-vilanova-no-quiere-hummels_54373163024.html

It was part of today's article that indeed claims that Hummels is "controlled" by the club and that Zubi has offered him to Tito but apparently the latter prefers Silva as one year ago if we believe the rumors.

Well that's curious. Not that I wouldn't share the views of Bojan & co. about compatibility with Piqué, but if true, surely would've been better than what happened.

spark

What a senseless comment. Saw his press conference live a few minutes ago. Piqué was not only correct but said it in the heat of the moment right after a historic and humiliating defeat.

Tito needs to get his act together.

His comment about this team not needing any major changes is also ridiculous to say the least. We need changes like those in 2008.

But well what to expect. The same guy said that there was no reason to buy a central defender last summer when every sane person could see that this was very much needed. Instead he bought a defensive/central midfielder and tried to convert him into a central defender.

:lol:

All summer he asked for a cb. What you are doing is reinventing history. http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/las-primeras-decisiones-deportivas-tito-vilanova-1928201

Last edited:

spark

Pique actually said we will have to make some decisions this summer. After which Rosell said he doesn't know what decisions Gerard was talking about and they will evaluate and plan the next season like they do any other. Anyway its not surprising Gerard was talking like he's the President. We did have him, Puyol and Xavi leading the Cesc transfer negotiations :troll:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Damn Tito royally burned Piqué lol. I don't think that was necessary, nor do I believe we should get rid if pique or anything like that.

DennyCrane

Damn Tito royally burned Piqué lol. I don't think that was necessary, nor do I believe we should get rid if pique or anything like that.

It was necessary. The last thing the team needs now are wiseacre statements by players, especially from someone whose performance was far from steady this season. The other thing the team doesn't need is any further erosion of Titos' authority.
The only player who can bring something like this on the table is the teams' captain as its' representative, the others should prefer to focus on bringing the La Liga title back where it belongs and stop playing management.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
He said it after a terrible loss at home that he actually played pretty well in. It was just a heat of the moment thing and he was right regardless. It's not like he directed it at anyone in particular. We were all thinking it though. He probably shouldn't have said anything but it wasn't that bad. For Tito to come out and blast piqué like that is wrong IMO.

Stric

He said it after a terrible loss at home that he actually played pretty well in. It was just a heat of the moment thing and he was right regardless. It's not like he directed it at anyone in particular. We were all thinking it though. He probably shouldn't have said anything but it wasn't that bad. For Tito to come out and blast piqué like that is wrong IMO.

+1

Tito should hand the press conferences back over to Roura. We've heard enough gibberish for this season.

DennyCrane

Yes, he was one of the few who played well. And in the heat of the moment, a lot of crap has been spoken. But if after such a game, the first thing that comes to his mind is that there need to be 'decisions', something inside this guys' head isn't working right. Who does he think he is ? Because last time I checked, the only 'decisions' Pique takes are on the pitch, not beyond.
And again, it would be a whole other story if the captain said this. The only difference is that e.g. Puyol would never do so in public because he'd be aware of the situation he puts others in with this.
Other than that, Tito would have been better off to tell him these words internally.

Last edited:

spring

+1, it's better if tito uses his creativity about tactics and not about burning pique! pique was right, we need some real and basic changes!

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Yeah, I agree with that Denny :beer2:
I just hope things get sorted quickly. The team needs to sit down and really think about things.........and not say crap to the media. Play it cool and do what needs to be done.
Piqué definitely needs a new partner though.

DennyCrane

Yeah, I agree with that Denny :beer2:
I just hope things get sorted quickly. The team needs to sit down and really think about things.........and not say crap to the media. Play it cool and do what needs to be done.
Piqué definitely needs a new partner though.

Definetely. I'd really like everyone in the club to talk less and work more at the moment :beer2:

Home of Barca Fans