Gerard Piqué

KhaledBarca

I would like to see players like T.Silva and Hummels playing alongside 3 midgets including 2 attacking fullbacks lol

Alves X Masche Alba

Any player in Pique's position would have done the same mistakes, with the huge amount of pressure.

Barcelona used to play with PIQUE PUYOL ABIDAL 3 solid tall defenders, while this season all the pressure was on PIQUE.
Barcelona used to press better which reduce the pressure on our defenders, its not happening anymore. Thus, we're conceding more shot = more mistakes = more goals.

People here are just blaming Pique with no reason, he can't do it all alone!

again, 1 or 10 Cbs won't solve the problem.
we need a solid tall fullback.

Stric

I like montoya, but he's not ready yet to face teams like Madrid and Bayern!

Montoya vs Cr7 and Ozil was a nightmare this season!

Montoya was better against Madrid both the times he played than Alves in any of his games against Madrid this season.

Montoya- He played better because he isn´t nearly offensive as Alves and probably he don´t have self-confidence to go forward as much as Alves. On the other side Alves go forward but sometime he forget to go back in defense or he is late. And with Alba who also like to go forward the defence is weaker.
But Gerard is lazy now... 2 or 3 seasons earlier he was better. But now... Maybe he spent to much strenght to pleasure Shakira :D just kidding :) I don't know what is the problem with him but I agree that he needs to reestablish himself if he want to play as a starter and if he want FCB WIN GAMES! It isn't all about him but about whole team! If he plays bad - good, sell him or put him on the bench, but if he plays and makes mistakes whole team loosing.
And at this point I can't see FCB selling him because there is already deficit with CB players in team. Ok, there is Mascerano and Abidal and Song etc but they are not natural defenders (CB) and they can't play that good as perhaps Puyi or Silva or some other natural defender.

So if Pique doesn't play good in start of next season I would put him on a bench and sell him on a winter. There is always a solution but Villanova must look at whole team not at individuals. He have already made mistake - after Pep leave us he didn't buy almost anybody and you can't expect of 11 or 15 players to win everything every season.
You need fresh faces but good players who have desire to win.
** Maybe that is problem with Pique - he is 26 years old and already has won bunch of trophies **

KhaledBarca

No he wasn't better then Alves! Cr7 and ozil dribbled him easily!
Alves although he gets more forward and leaves spaces behind he's still more solid defender then Montoya who doesn't have the confidence yet to go forward.
Again, I like montoya but we can't count on him yet! He needs to get more playing time and rotate more with alves next season no doubt. (He can play against any spanish team except for RM).
We still need a tall solid left back defender.
We have 2 short attacking minded LB that leave lots of spaces behind them. And that's the biggest problem IMO.
Barcelona's CBs are left alone at the back to cover lots of spaces. We used to have Abidal to act as 3rd CB and cover spaces left by Alves, now we just have one pivot (Busquets) to cover for 2FBs. Bayern have 2 pivots and this is why 2 attacking FBs have worked for them. I don't think we will play with 2 pivots, this is why we need to have balance at the back by buying a new LB.
Adriano did nothing wrong, infact he had a great start this season, but he's getting injured a lot .

Alves/Montoya - Pique/Bartra - CB/Masche/Puyol - LB/Alba

CB: T.Silva, Hummels, Kompany etc...
LB: vertonghen would be great since he can cover CB/LB. What about Jose Enrique? He's tall and solid defender?

Last edited:

Mr Hulot

145619.jpg

145720.jpg

spring

was that a real quarrel or just a kidding? i read somewhere (maybe a real madrd fan base site
381.gif
)
facepalm.gif
that wasn't a joke and also song wasn't in the party last night!
facepalm.gif
, please make that clear!:)
abcdefg%20%2864%29.gif

mixer

was that a real quarrel or just a kidding? i read somewhere (maybe a real madrd fan base site
381.gif
)
facepalm.gif
that wasn't a joke and also song wasn't in the party last night!
facepalm.gif
, please make that clear!:)
abcdefg%20%2864%29.gif
Puyol did a similar thing to Pique at the parade also. The only explanation of this is that they were drunk...

Nothing serious IMO

btw please stop posting these ridiculous emoticons.

Home of Barca Fans