Gerard Piqué

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I thought he was our best defender and once again got let down by our other players... Adriano was useless on the wing, and though he made less mistakes he also didn't have any good defensive contributions, and then on the other end Montoya and Bartra constantly got completely ripped apart by Vela. Sure, Pique didn't have a good performance and made three or four stupid mistakes himself, but he was definitely not the worst out of our backline.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Not to kick him when he's down, but goddammit can he shut his mouth? After the game he goes and says the current situation is not worrying because we are just a match behind? Seriously?

Didn't he see the complete lack of attitude from the whole team?

SeloBarca

Sometimes i wonder how much defensive training Barcelona actually do.

There isnt 1 player that has any awareness capability at all. Puyol had it, but hes not playing anymore.

On crossings, every defender is watching the ball. There can be 2 players behind them, but noone is watching them, only the ball. Mascherano is the worst at it.

A defender can mark one player one second, standing next to him. But as soon as the ball gets near, its like they forget all rules of defending and lets the player go completly.

It happens on every corner or freekick situation.

We need a whole new defenceline with players that actually knows how to man mark, position themselves , have awereness about whats going on behind them and what the player their marking is doing.

barcanuck

Please guys, don't blame Pique for this game alone. He has had shockers once in a while but the lack of competition for his spot as starting CB is the problem the Rosell foundation has created for us by not replacing Puyol and Abidal adequately. Pique needed a rest today and we couldn't due to Puyol and Masch having knocks in previous games.

Cule4life

The Culest
Sometimes i wonder how much defensive training Barcelona actually do.

There isnt 1 player that has any awareness capability at all. Puyol had it, but hes not playing anymore.

On crossings, every defender is watching the ball. There can be 2 players behind them, but noone is watching them, only the ball. Mascherano is the worst at it.

A defender can mark one player one second, standing next to him. But as soon as the ball gets near, its like they forget all rules of defending and lets the player go completly.

It happens on every corner or freekick situation.

We need a whole new defenceline with players that actually knows how to man mark, position themselves , have awereness about whats going on behind them and what the player their marking is doing.

Antimadridista1

Liability.

People will disagree with me, but I've waited 3 years for Pique to become the "real Pique" again. No one can blame me for lacking patience.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Liability.

People will disagree with me, but I've waited 3 years for Pique to become the "real Pique" again. No one can blame me for lacking patience.

Little bit of copy and paste from @Youngcules I see. If you're gonna bash Pique in the most generic and repetitive way possible, at least make it your own opinion and in your own words.

Antimadridista1

Little bit of copy and paste from @Youngcules I see. If you're gonna bash Pique in the most generic and repetitive way possible, at least make it your own opinion and in your own words.

Who's telling you that I'm not Youngcules ? :pep:
No seriously, he summed up exactly what I was thinking. I have nothing else to say and as far as I know, there's no copyright :)

Sasuke85

All I can say is that: Pique does not deserve a position in our club. A good height is all he has and it's definitely not enough.

Cule4life

The Culest
He definitely needs competition. His punishment for every bad performance is a guaranteed spot in the lineup. Competition brings out the best in players.

The Observer

What he needs to do is go away from Barcelona. As far as possible. This rollercoaster of playing 1 good game - "OMGPIQUENBAUERISBACK" - followed by 3 Segunda level defending games is going on for years now. Nothing excuses this kind of "defending" from him.

Pique%20Real%20Sociedad.gif

Nothing to do with "being paired with the wrong CB partner". This is on him and solely on him being a train wreck.

He's the Oleguer of the Pep generation. His few good games coincide with total midfield domination from Barca where he has to deal with 1 completely isolated CF like Negredo the other day.

Home of Barca Fans