Gerard Piqué

G

Gascav

To be honest, I think Pique has been our best centerback this season. He gets way too much hate. He is important for our defence not only because of his height, but because he steps up in the bigger games as well.

Pique had a bad touch in the gif above, but he´s only going for the ball because he thinks Vela is behind him. His team should've told him to let the ball go, and Valdes would've taken it. It was a terrible performance by the whole team last night.
He needs competition and some adept player to rest him. He looked tired, exhausted, and out of focus

FiReFTW

What he needs to do is go away from Barcelona. As far as possible. This rollercoaster of playing 1 good game - "OMGPIQUENBAUERISBACK" - followed by 3 Segunda level defending games is going on for years now. Nothing excuses this kind of "defending" from him.

Nothing to do with "being paired with the wrong CB partner". This is on him and solely on him being a train wreck.

He's the Oleguer of the Pep generation. His few good games coincide with total midfield domination from Barca where he has to deal with 1 completely isolated CF like Negredo the other day.

Sadly most people here on Barca forums are simply blind and delusional, they have no clue about anything or they keep defending him because he is from Barca school.

Pique is a 3rd rate defender and those are facts, he would be a bench warmer in pretty much any top team in the world, he is just not good enough period. You must be pretty delusional and blind to not notice that.

Maybe Pique is paying his relatives and friends to post here on Barca forums, lmao.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
They certainly weren't his only mistakes. He was also the main culprit for the 3rd goal as he didn't even try to attack the player who put the cross in.

Pique can't really commit there because Griezmann will just burst past him and be in an even better position to cross because of his pace. Perhaps he should have gotten a bit tighter, but a defender isn't expected to win in that situation. He expected our other defenders to be able to mark Sociedad's runners, but instead they all fell asleep and just let a player run in unmarked to score. Whoever should have been marking that player was at fault for the goal, not Pique.

MagIX

Once again our incompetence regarding transfers is coming to bite us right in the butt... Zubi out!

I agree.

It is incredible, embarassing, beyond ridicuolus, that a club of our level has failed his transfer market in the recent years, throwing away so much millions!

Since 2009, let's be honest: which player we bought was actually a reinforcement for the team, which player we bought has acutually improved the team ? on which player we bought could we count to build the team ? sad answer: no one...
....Ibra (45mio + Eto'o, no comment)?, Villa (40 mio for almost a 30 y.o. player, a striker who has to play as winger...)?, Maxwell?, Mascherano (20mio, never played as CM before)?, Sanchez (30mio!!, performance totally below expectations) ?Fabregas (27mio, performance totally below expectations) ? Song (24mio, a sub)?
The 2 best buys are the ones that cost less: Adriano (a sub) and Alba (but i would choose Abidal over him every day).

Ghost

Since 2009, let's be honest: which player we bought was actually a reinforcement for the team, which player we bought has acutually improved the team ? on which player we bought could we count to build the team ? sad answer: no one...
....Ibra (45mio + Eto'o, no comment)?, Villa (40 mio for almost a 30 y.o. player, a striker who has to play as winger...)?, Maxwell?, Mascherano (20mio, never played as CM before)?, Sanchez (30mio!!, performance totally below expectations) ?Fabregas (27mio, performance totally below expectations) ? Song (24mio, a sub)?
The 2 best buys are the ones that cost less: Adriano (a sub) and Alba (but i would choose Abidal over him every day).
All of them were/are good except Ibra and Song.

Irish_Cules

There's a school of thought out there that Pique is actually a world class defender and shows this if he has another quality defender beside him. While I think that there is some truth to this it doesn't explain mistakes like the ones he made yesterday. He has had a very good season but yesterday was a reminder of what a shambles he can be.

KhaledBarca

Horrible game yesterday, yet I really won't blame him!
He hasn't been rested recently,because simply without him we're MUCH MUCH worse... He needs a World Class CB alongside him... I said it at the beginning of the season and I'll repeat it now. No one not EVEN if you put Thiago Silva instead of Pique to play whole season alongside Bartra/Masche with 2 attacking FBs and 1 real DM. He'll still make a lot mistakes...

He's been great in the big games, prove that he's still good. But, needs solid CBs alongside him, more Competition and Motivation!

F

Flavia

He's out for two weeks with a calf injury.

Hopefully this will make the blind board sign a cb in the summer. Look at the options... masch, puyol and bartra.
Pique ia having a decent season, and competition would be good for him. But he needs a top cb by his side.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Hopefully this will make the blind board sign a cb in the summer. Look at the options... masch, puyol and bartra.
Pique ia having a decent season, and competition would be good for him. But he needs a top cb by his side.

I agree he has been decent enough this season, but I still think that we need at least two new CBs for next season...

Dexter

Pique out for 2 weeks means he won't play a single minute before City come to visit. Could this mean Pique won't play against City at Camp Nou? I really don't want to meet them without Pique..

Home of Barca Fans