Gerard Piqué

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
He was right about complaining though. It was blatant yellow card for the Malaga player (his second and should thus have been sent off righteously) but he didn't dare to draw it. Pussy.

But if he doesn't draw the card, then you should leave it. So lesson learned for Piqué maybe? Complain a bit but stop at the right time cause the ref doesn't exist in terms of discussion.

E

Esteve

Such a foolish yellow to pick up. He shouldn't have stuck his nose in where it doesn't belong like that. Now we'll have to do without him, again, due to suspension. In future, he should keep his mouth shut and get on with the game.

At least he'll only miss the Almería match.

V

Valon

I'm glad he picked up the yellow tbh it would be worse to pick a yellow against Almeria and miss the Valencia match.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I agree with Valon... And considering that Milito and Márquez have been in good form recently I'm not too concerned...

Merv

Despite the timing, it's never a good idea to get in the ref's face. Nothing good ever comes of it. I wonder if the ref would have given the 2nd yellow card if not for the Barca players in his face demanding it. Spite, perhaps?

Strangely enough I thought the ref was doing a good job until then. Letting the game flow without too many interruptions, playing advantage and booking the players after the play had run it's course. Then he just started annoying me...booking Pique instead of the Malaga player, disallowing the goal....bah!

I suppose it's true that it's better now than later. :pique:

maxan10

SirTugAlot
That he might have sun / light shining directly into his face?

I figured that ;)
just saying he doesnt like the camera, good idea for a photo though, having a leg on a RM ball whilst holding a portrait of his goal celeberation in the Bernabeau last year, traditional dig at an eternal rival.

Juan03

he was very good, his link up to find the midfield and fowards was superb and his defending flawless

V

Valon

Great match from Gerard. One second he's all friendly with Zigic the next second he wants to kick his ass. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans