Gerard Piqué

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think the yellow was deserved, he pushed Zigic first in an irrelevant situation, he needs to cool down a little, his last two yellows have been because of hot headed reactions... He was class today, congrats to him...

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
He oozes with class and ability, I can't believe Ferguson preffered Ferdinand over this man.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
To be fair, Ferdinand and Vidic formed a great partnership, they had a suuperb defensive record, SAF normally knows what hes doing, We didntt see the barca pique at united, if we did, he would of started over Vidic as Ferdinands experience in the EPL could of been very useful for Gerard, Anyway Puyi is a much better mentor than Rio and im extremly grateful he left old trafford and went home...:beer2:

veryfatchocobo

To be fair, Ferdinand and Vidic formed a great partnership, they had a suuperb defensive record, SAF normally knows what hes doing, We didntt see the barca pique at united, if we did, he would of started over Vidic as Ferdinands experience in the EPL could of been very useful for Gerard, Anyway Puyi is a much better mentor than Rio and im extremly grateful he left old trafford and went home...:beer2:

I disagree with this. Pique-Rio is exactly like Puyol-Milito. They're completely incompatible with each other since they're more or less the same player. SAF knew this, and he chose the more influential and experienced player (Rio), a sweeper-like player, to play with their best stopperish player (Vidic). They're not exactly stopper-sweeper like I'm saying, but I'm trying to make a point that they're two different defenders which is what makes them a top 3 partnership.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
SAF didn't discard Pique for Ferdinand or Vidic... It's for Evans that he decided to let go of Pique. One of his biggest mistakes!?

maxan10

SirTugAlot
I felt when Basquets was out and Ibra was brought in, Barca found it more difficult to retrieve the ball without the presence of that anchorman, yet were brilliant on the counter. Bringing Pique infront of the defence just after the Milito sub did bring back that missing link and I think it was a very solid, confidence performance from Pique.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
dude is epic in the air and at reading the game... his dribbles look so outta control but somehow they work

Home of Barca Fans