Gerard Piqué

Schumi

Pique is bad, beyond bad at times, but Bartra isn't anything special. I don't see why this forum rates him so highly. He is average as it gets. I'd want to see Vermaelen when fit and go from there. Definitely no Masch CB in big games. Mathieu should be a lock at CB going forward with Jordi out wide. That position Lucho tried to squeeze out of Mathieu at the Clasico was downright embarrassing. He was beyond poor pushing the ball up.

I will have to agree with you. Bartra cannot cut it at Barca, but maybe he can get a few games here or there since Pique remains problematic at best. The crazy thing about Pique is that he managed so beautiful blocks and interceptions the other day, but some of his brainfarts at times prove to be disastrous. We are really problematic in the CB position and that is made worse by Vermaelen's permanent injury troubles.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Don't you question as to why coaches never give him an extended run? It's probably that they see he isn't that special, sort of like Montoya.

He was the best defender in the Segunda three seasons ago. It's not like Bartra is some 27 year old has been who has no potential for the future.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Don't you question as to why coaches never give him an extended run? It's probably that they see he isn't that special, sort of like Montoya.

The point is that with the way Piqué and Alves have been playing, giving Bartra and Montoya some solid chances wouldn't hurt, and might even prove beneficial to the team in the long run, either by letting them fulfill their potential or by pressuring the veterans to step up...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The point is that with the way Piqué and Alves have been playing, giving Bartra and Montoya some solid chances wouldn't hurt, and might even prove beneficial to the team in the long run, either by letting them fulfill their potential or by pressuring the veterans to step up...

It also sends a message to said stars (Pique and Alves) that they have to give their all and perform better, or otherwise be benched for youngsters who will give a damn when they pull on the Blaugrana.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
2014-10-29_FOTO_PLANTILLA_01-Optimized.v1414580288.JPG

He can't even keep focus long enough to keep his eyes open for the team picture. :mou: I must say Bravo looks badass in a suit.

Last edited:

Bertus

Depends. Is it beast mode Luiz like he played against Barca or Spain at the Confed Cup or Sideshow Bob Luiz like he played against Germany?
The current one that actually does a better job at PSG than TS.

I know a mistake will happen at least once, because it's DL we're talking about, but with Marquinhos, he's PSG best player this season.

Still not worths 50M, or even 30, but when I see the actual Piqué (I got mad at him while watching the classico), I feel like I was a bit too harsh to DL during the Mercato. At that time I even thought that DL was worse than Piqué. My bad.

Home of Barca Fans