Gerard Piqué

messi2140

6racies Xavi
As soon as the winter market window creaks open, Chelsea might very well make a move on Gerard Piqué. The London club is impressed with the performances that the Barça player has been showing this season and, according to the Daily Star, would be willing to fork out €30 million to see him do the same at Stamford Bridge

Ricky-Gervais-Laughing-GIF.gif

hamoon32

Pique is a world class CB no doubt about that. He is better than bartra IMO even right now.
bartra can't be our starting CB. he is only a good sub.
remember pique when he was at Bartra age. He was world's best CB in that time.
Pique is a gifted player. Realistically, Pique should be the best defenseman in the world. Idk what is going on with him, but I hope he snaps out of it.
Bartra is motivated but the fact is that he can never be a world class CB.

CatalinR10

strong first post.

Pique , is waay far from being world class.

World class Cb >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>me>>>

>>>>a turtle walking backwards like Michael Jakcson>>>>>>>

>>>>>>Pique.

zanela

As soon as the winter market window creaks open, Chelsea might very well make a move on Gerard Piqué. The London club is impressed with the performances that the Barça player has been showing this season and, according to the Daily Star, would be willing to fork out €30 million to see him do the same at Stamford Bridge

I read it in the Guardian's rumour mill series. Similar reaction. Pique is so un-mourinho type of defender, there's zero reason to believe it.

I would.

Not for the sake of having David Luiz, but just to get Pique out of the club.

+1

mazp

Ricky-Gervais-Laughing-GIF.gif

Aw, Cesc misses his best friend..:lol:

Lomar1o

mou would make pique better than he is now. but that doesn't mean this unserious clown will ever improve for barca. i really hope he leaves

zanela

Even the mourinhos of this world can do nothing with a slow, cowardly being, one that can't run, can't jump, can't tackle, falls on his bum and tries to swims thru' grass whenever the ball comes to him.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Even the mourinhos of this world can do nothing with a slow, cowardly being, one that can't run, can't jump, can't tackle, falls on his bum and tries to swims thru' grass whenever the ball comes to him.

Bullshit.
Pique is actually an extremely talented defender. He has all the abilities with and without the ball to be a wc defender (who he was for several years).
Right now he absolutely lacks focus and consistency. Some of his games this season were really solid or he was one of the best players even but in others (Clasico obviously) Pique's performance was bad and his mistakes were incredibly stupid.

I really hope Bartra gets his place in the starting eleven and it makes him work harder again. A fully motivated and hungry Pique would be incredible for us. The Pique we have right now deserves nothing but a place on the bench.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
You cant count on him anymore , he is way too inconsistent to trust him with a starting position. He will play one good game and be crap 3 games.

Ursegor

World Champion
People say he has declined because of Shakira, lost motivation and whatnot but if you rewatch some games from Pep days you can see he's been like this all the time. Difference being that attackers barely got past the midfield during prime Busqxaviesta era. But when they did he was exposed in 2010 just like he is now in 2014. Watch 10/11 Barca vs. Athletic Bilbao in Camp Nou for example, completely random game which I rewatched a few days ago for no particular reason but entertainment. Llorente made a fool out of him with some neat footwork. LLORENTE, the lanky, slow, above average guy who scores most of his goals via headers and it wasn't even the improved Bielsa version of Llorente.

My point is - he is not shit because of Shakira. He is shit because he is shit. So don't expect him to magically improve and "get back to his best" unless the front 6 gets back to pressing like maniacs again to hide his flaws.

Neeraj

People say he has declined because of Shakira, lost motivation and whatnot but if you rewatch some games from Pep days you can see he's been like this all the time. Difference being that attackers barely got past the midfield during prime Busqxaviesta era. But when they did he was exposed in 2010 just like he is now in 2014. Watch 10/11 Barca vs. Athletic Bilbao in Camp Nou for example, completely random game which I rewatched a few days ago for no particular reason but entertainment. Llorente made a fool out of him with some neat footwork. LLORENTE, the lanky, slow, above average guy who scores most of his goals via headers and it wasn't even the improved Bielsa version of Llorente.

My point is - he is not shit because of Shakira. He is shit because he is shit. So don't expect him to magically improve and "get back to his best" unless the front 6 gets back to pressing like maniacs to hide his flaws.

Completely agree. I have a hard time explaining to people he has always been shit. When you're dominating every team out there, everyone looks good. But he has always been terrible. I would add that I think he is a bit more terrible now than he was, of course, losing and just not working hard enough will do that, so I would say that he was slightly better before. But that's not saying much cause he was pretty shit to begin with.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
He needs someone like Puyol by his side to perform and those are of a rare kind. It'd a lot be easier to replace Piqué than find a new El Capitan.

Puyol%20I%20swear%20to%20GOD%21.gif

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
I mean look at these posts. They are from Pep's time.

This is a pivotal time for Gerard.

Either he gets his shit together while the coach still has faith in him, or he'll be our next Dinho...

Much like my boy Rafa, his spiritual successor Piquez is a skill-first defender who, when unfocused, will be a trainwreck.

His form is crap though, so I don't care what it was as long as he is off the pitch and gets his head straight...

time to sort your fucking head Pique, be a legend or die a woman slave

Pep must be also mad at him, seems he wont be even on the bench.

Yep, deservedly banished from the squad. Hopefully he sorts himself out.

mental kid is mental... I hope the snub gets some sense back into his tiny brain

Spastic out Hummels in

Almost 3 years later we're still discussing the same things. Seriously? Even the "replace him with Hummels" suggestions. Nothing changed. :lol:

hamoon32

Completely agree. I have a hard time explaining to people he has always been shit. When you're dominating every team out there, everyone looks good. But he has always been terrible. I would add that I think he is a bit more terrible now than he was, of course, losing and just not working hard enough will do that, so I would say that he was slightly better before. But that's not saying much cause he was pretty shit to begin with.

Just watch his games against real madrid in 2009-2011 or against Man UTD in CL final
he was amazing in those games. even when puyol wasn't behind him. He was always in the right place in the right time

Edit:Those posts have sent in 2012. It was pep's last year and pique was benched most of time. Just read first 150 page posts and u will see how much people were praising him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans