Gerard Piqué

Frodo_FCB

Pique is probably shit..The point though is that any defender in this world will look shit if he hasnt any cover from the midfield.
The problem is that in most cases, we have to defend counter attacks, with our FB being high on the pitch and our mids joking around.
Maybe our defense would be a bit better with TS, Hummels and Benatia as CBs, but problems would remain the same.

Neeraj

Pique is probably shit..The point though is that any defender in this world will look shit if he hasnt any cover from the midfield.
The problem is that in most cases, we have to defend counter attacks, with our FB being high on the pitch and our mids joking around.
Maybe our defense would be a bit better with TS, Hummels and Benatia as CBs, but problems would remain the same.

I am inclined to agree with this as well. Not with the part that any defender would look like Pique, because there are lots of defenders out there who are not easy to beat even when they are last man. Remember a 37 year old Ballesteros beasting it up just a couple of seasons back..Even against the likes of penaldo.

But I do agree with the fact that our defence would still be weak if we don't sort out our shape and formation and tactics, because right now, we are playing with the tactics that only the best team in the world (Barca 2009-11) could pull off, but we just don't have the players to do so, and every successive coach just fails to either recognise that, or recognises it but refuses to change.

F

Flavia

B1O5AuvCAAAO31u.jpg

Sport apparently joined the campaing "Pique out"

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Does it say Abidal retiring at barca.on the right ? if pique were to leave we would be left with 2 defenders and vermaelen , but on the other hand the guy has been quite cr*p.

F

Flavia

Does it say Abidal retiring at barca.on the right ? if pique were to leave we would be left with 2 defenders and vermaelen , but on the other hand the guy has been quite cr*p.

Says "Abidal retires and Barça wait for him"

Weird, as I haven't seen anywhere he retired.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Man United, Man City and Chelsea want to sign Barcelona centre back Gerard Pique (27) in January. They offer between 25M and 30M. [sport]

Wow so many teams want him, that means he is good :pep:

CuleLife4Life

Jose isn't that stupid nor is Pellegrini. Van Gaal on the other hand has a history with Pique.

I'm just kidding. These are all probably fake but I do hope after the ban, the board has the balls to kick Pique out if he hasn't gotten better. Its time to stop the whole La Masia/Catalan connection free-pass for players like him who seem to be taking advantage.

Home of Barca Fans