Gerard Piqué

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Is he throwing a hissy fit already? That just shows the spolied brat he is, thinking that he deserves everything without working for it...

It boggles me that he thinks he's the victim here... If he leaves, then good riddance, even with the transfer ban I would rather see a canterano that actually cares about the team and not only about himself...

Antimadridista1

Funny if this is true... He probably think that the club owe him a place in the starting eleven.
He should work hard, shut up and start playing like a real man.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Who would you guys buy instead of Pique?

I can't think of a player who would 1.) perform better and 2.) be relatively cheap

Forget about cheap, that ship sailed a long time ago. The board's negligence and the team's seemingly poor scouting of blossoming talent crushes any type of cheap alternative.

I'll settle for good and costly.

I

instinct

Forget about cheap, that ship sailed a long time ago. The board's negligence and the team's seemingly poor scouting of blossoming talent crushes any type of cheap alternative.

I'll settle for good and costly.

Fine. Name an expensive defender then. We hardly found one during the transfer window and it doesn't get easier.

NotInHere

Too bad Pique doesn't have that Uruguay warrior spirit, if he had that to match with his skills we would be singing a different tune about him right now. Instead you have a tall-skillful but not physical big which is one of the important things as a defender.

I'm gonna cross the line to the NBA world, his like a Pau Gasol:neymar:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Fine. Name an expensive defender then. We hardly found one during the transfer window and it doesn't get easier.

They hardly tried to find one. Were once again hell bent on one option, Marquinhos, who plays for a sugar daddy club, impossible to get.

The other option was the one we got, Mr. Vermaelen.

Mathieu would have come regardless of any other CB.

I

instinct

They hardly tried to find one. Were once again hell bent on one option, Marquinhos, who plays for a sugar daddy club, impossible to get.

The other option was the one we got, Mr. Vermaelen.

Mathieu would have come regardless of any other CB.

Name other realistisc options

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Almost any defender out there is in play if they are willing to pay for it. Bayern payed 28m for Benatia, and even if he was/is overrated, he'd still would have been a very needed addition to the team and eased up this Pique conundrum.

It's quite pathetic that needing defenders desperately, all mighty Barca could muster was the broken corpse of Vermaelen.

Quite literally any other player out there is a more realistic option than no option at all, which is what Vermaelen is at this point.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Name other realistisc options

Other options who could have been better than a crippled man?

Well, without looking much into it, I'm just gonna pull out some names out of my hat.

Lets see... Ehm...: Laporte, Subotic, Sokratis, Manolas, Schar, De Vrij.

Subotic and Sokratis are debatable. Would probably require some good money + player pushing for a move and maybe BVB would've budged. They got Ginter in summer, maybe they would have let one of those two go instead of someone like Hummels.

Oh yeah, not forget Benatia, but he is apparently "slow" and not Barca style CB so I guess we shouldn't count him :eusa_think:

Basically everything is better than nothing and Vermaelen is nothing, atleast he is so at the moment and even if he gets fit in the forseeable future, there are doubts on whether he actually can play more than one game before getting injured again.

Last edited:

DinhoR10

We should've paid out the ass for Laporte, Laporte-Bartra would've secured the defense for atleast 5-7 years with Ie and others on the way up.

F

Flavia

Hummels would be the best upgrade on Pique :wub:

Anyway, Pique is not all bad. He had some good games this season. And with the impending ban, and no cb ready from Barça B, we can't let him go. Better try to make him get back to his best.

Home of Barca Fans