Gerard Piqué

I

instinct

The fact that so many people want him to go although we are struggling with injuries (esp. Vermaelen) and face a transfer ban for the next years is crazy.

hamad138

Banned
1)Pique lets a Stink bomb exploded in a plane

2)Pique plays doodle jump , where his teammates do everything to win this match

3)He plays awful and is assisting penaldo since 2009

I can understand enrique , he wants succes and not a child who does everything he wants. Im sure Puyol would already kicked his ass many times, this guy needs a mentor.

In Manchester United he had Roy Keane, with him he couldnt even look at his handy/smartphone, or keane would have killed him harder than puyol

Kohe321

:lol:

"If situation doesn't change"

He has only benched a couple of games.

Yeah, he doesn't have any God given right to start at Barca just because his name is Pique. His performance and lack professionality got him benched, so if "the situation doesn't change" that's on him for not working hard enough to get into the starting 11 again.

I mean, the playing with a cellphone during a game thing. You're supposed to watch the game closely so that if you're told to warm up for a substitution you're prepared and know what the flow of the game is and what players and tactics you need to be aware of. Sitting as a professional footballer during a game and playing a game on your cellphone is so unprofessional it's comical.

But it's not surprising from someone who lit of a fart-bomb in a public airplane :facepalm:

He needs to seriously grow up and start to focus. Man, I miss Puyol...

Barcilliant

I don't care if we need him or not.

At Barca the situation is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

As a club we don't learn from past mistakes and don't plan well.

If we hit rock bottom so be it.

Let Pique be a headache somewhere else.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If the transfer ban is overturned by CAS, then he can GTFO in the summer transfer window. These days he doesn't deserve the #3 on his back.

Last edited:

Alarcón

If Piqué leaves, we're stuck with Bartra, Mascherano, Mathieu. (And Vermaelen maybe in a few years). Not a very good outlook. With Piqué, at least we know he could potentially be a great CB.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
If Piqué leaves, we're stuck with Bartra, Mascherano, Mathieu. (And Vermaelen maybe in a few years). Not a very good outlook. With Piqué, at least we know he could potentially be a great CB.

It's quite simple. If the ban gets reduced to 1 window or removed (quite unlikely in both cases), then you sell Pique and buy a replacement; if the ban continues (most likely), then the team simply cannot afford to let Pique go, however poorly and removed from his best he has been for some time now.

This is the situation the board has put the team, in a no win circumstance. Have to keep the under-performing Pique simply because you've got no other replacement and the board's stupidity has made it literally impossible to purchase a replacement.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I don't care about one season go to ruin. If anything, Pique leaving prove once more how incompetent this board is by relying on this set of defenders playing for FC Barcelona, that even their so called best defender has to leave because a DM is preferred ahead of him to play in the central of defence.

I mean they've been given another summer to make up for their previous mistakes, by yet again are going to hit the ground zero with their half arsed purchases and the probable departure of another defender.

F

Flavia

It's quite simple. If the ban gets reduced to 1 window or removed (quite unlikely in both cases), then you sell Pique and buy a replacement; if the ban continues (most likely), then the team simply cannot afford to let Pique go, however poorly and removed from his best he has been for some time now.

This is the situation the board has put the team, in a no win circumstance. Have to keep the under-performing Pique simply because you've got no other replacement and the board's stupidity has made it literally impossible to purchase a replacement.

This. Signing vermaelen was like throwing money out of the window. If zubinepto had gotten a good cb, Pique wouldn't be vital. But with the ban, he better stay. He can be sold in 2016.

I

instinct

Who would you guys buy instead of Pique?

I can't think of a player who would 1.) perform better and 2.) be relatively cheap

Home of Barca Fans