Gerard Piqué

Neeraj

He was great apart from the goal? So we are calling him great just because he only fucked up once, instead of his usual 3 or 4 times. Stats like the one where it says he made 4 interceptions or he headed out 4 aerials, stats which are normal for any decent defender in any game, are all of a sudden stats that we actually need to highlight. :lol:

It's this kind of myopic vision which leads fans to jump the gun when a player/team is doing well and then go ape shit when things go awry. Be objective and it's clear as day he's crap, and no he was not great.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He looked secure yesterday because we were secure yesterday. Sevilla's threat was barely existent and it's not 'excellent' when all that is needed is recovering balls when the other team's attackers are playing against momentum and at a total disadvantage. Even then he managed to have clown moments. I'll say that it was a good game for him and generally not the type of performance that warrants more doubt but in no way, shape, or form does this give me encouragement that he can turn things around. This was far from the type of 'convincing' performance he needs to show to regain trust but it's a step in the right direction I guess.

Just because he did an easy job doesn't mean he did a fantastic job. Good games are the types he had against Rayo this season, some of the matches vs. Atletico last season, and RM in the 4-3 Clasico.

hamoon32

He had more interception and tackle than any other defender yesterday. you are ignoring his good performance just because you hate him.
as i said, it wasn't an easy night for him. he had many challenges to deal with. more than mathieu and alves and alba had. his rating at whoscored.com is 8.3 which is brilliant. I bet if it was bartra you all were praising him.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
His challenge in the goal was very amateur to be honest... It is true that he didn't make any other mistake as is true that Alves, Mathieu and Bravo are also responsible, but it is also true that Sevilla didn't pose much of a threat during the rest of the match...

He can have a perfect game and then all of a sudden make such a mistake that results in a goal and that is just not good enough, especially since it's not the first time it happens... People are not mad with him for a single mistake, but for an acumulation of mistakes during the last few seasons...

anguy

His defending was just above average, but he had great ball distribution and made some amazing passes directly to forwards.

Neymessi

One game doesn't change shit.He is still a retard who can do the silliest of things anytime.Biggest liability for barca right now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He had more interception and tackle than any other defender yesterday. you are ignoring his good performance just because you hate him.
as i said, it wasn't an easy night for him. he had many challenges to deal with. more than mathieu and alves and alba had. his rating at whoscored.com is 8.3 which is brilliant. I bet if it was bartra you all were praising him.

I honestly wouldn't put too much into those whoscored.com ratings. Those would tell you Alves is the best RB in the world....

Antimadridista1

At least 5 players made a mistake. They were 2 other guys nearby (I believe Alves and Xavi) and both just stood and watched Vitolo. Mathieu let the cross go through, and Alba scored...

I didn't say "Pique is the only one who made mistake". I said that if he defended well against Vitolo, we wouldn't concede .
Anyway, there will always be people to defend the indefensible .

L

linetty

Pique behaved like an idiot but Vitolo should've been stopped by Alves and Dani Banani didn't even bother to make things harder for they guy!

Home of Barca Fans