Gerard Piqué

Irish_Cules

The goal was on Busi but ye it was terrible defending by Pique for it also. His overall level of performance is still encouraging though.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Yeah, he was pretty bad on that 1 vs. 1, but if someone is going to get the blame it should be Busi... Piqué was good yesterday and managed to score, so that's a bonus...

hamoon32

The game against PSG will show that we can rely on him or not.
He will surely start and i hope he performs well. After the international break he was great in all the matches played.
also yesterday he was so good and scored a goal but made a mistake on 1 vs 1 which was very hard challenge.
I think he is our best CB but he has to show that against Ibra and Cavani.

Samuel Eto'o

Some awful awful 1v1 defending by Pique. He pretty much did the exact opposite of everything he should have done to stop the play.

ExaltedKindheartedBlacklab.gif

Needless backpedaling instead of challenging the player - check
Giving position to the player - check
Not using Mascherano's solid supporting run to his advantage -check
Not forcing the player wide - check
Giving the player the middle of the field without challenge for the easy inside cut - check
Not challenging the shot after he fucked up all other previous opportunities to stop the player - check

If they ever want a visual aid to teach a youngster what NOT to do while defending 1v1, by all means, use this example. It is textbook NOT to do stuff.
Spot on

I often wonder why he consistently does it

karthik

There was a time when Gerard's 1 v 1 capabilities were excellent. Man.... good old times when watching him was joy.

I

instinct

Expect a Marca journalist to ask Lucho why Pique is dressed like a knight in the post match presser. Lucho will answer: Maybe it's my fault. His situation hurts me a lot. :montoya:

Home of Barca Fans