Gerard Piqué

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Pique is active on social media. He playes poker regularly. Yet he manages to focus completely on FC Barcelona and his job too and do very well. Odd isn't it? :thinking:

Haha, you seem to not be taking well that Neymar is attacked for being on social media no ?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Haha, you seem to not be taking well that Neymar is attacked for being on social media no ?

Nothing about not taking it well. Just find the notion about him not performing upto the level expected of him because he's active on social media for laughable and ridiculous. Neither do I like to be called for a fanboy by others just because I disagree with them on something, nor do I like to be warned for voicing my opinion and pointing out something that's wrong(IMO) and I definitely don't like my 'Barcelonismo' to be questioned. If it gets me banned in the end and/or painted with a fanboy tag then so be it.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Far from to me to be questionning anything mate :)

Though I'm amongst the ones that voiced that Neymar is losing focus on football and having too many social/party/etc.. distractions! I hope he snaps out of it, but I still would play him instead of Pedro anytime :)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Pique is active on social media. He playes poker regularly. Yet he manages to focus completely on FC Barcelona and his job too and do very well. Odd isn't it? :thinking:

Indeed. Adults can handle multiple things in their lives at once. Neymar's always been active on social media and partying, but it's only being questioned now. Why wasn't anyone talking about this at the beginning of the season? It's like the people who were saying that it was Thiago's birth and becoming a father that caused Messi to "decline" last season. For that matter why wasn't Alves criticized when he was giving poor performances?

The only time partying actually becomes detrimental is if it is having an adverse affect on your health and fitness levels.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Pique: "This summer, I'll take part in the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. You play against the best in the world, lots of adrenaline."
Pique: "Poker gives you a chance that football doesn't give you: as a rookie, you can play against the best in the world." [ser]
Pique: "The other day, Pepe asked me about my second son during a corner. He and Mateu (referee) talk about about everything..." [ser]
Pique: "Cristiano was attacking and Mateu (referee) asked me about my kids. I told him: what is this, you want to distract me?" [ser]

Wtf Lahoz

:lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed. Adults can handle multiple things in their lives at once. Neymar's always been active on social media and partying, but it's only being questioned now. Why wasn't anyone talking about this at the beginning of the season? It's like the people who were saying that it was Thiago's birth and becoming a father that caused Messi to "decline" last season. For that matter why wasn't Alves criticized when he was giving poor performances?

The only time partying actually becomes detrimental is if it is having an adverse affect on your health and fitness levels.

Neymar is not an adult. Other than by his age, of course.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Dont really like it when footballers start gambling. But then again its their lives so who am I to judge. Just so long as they preform on the pitch.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yeah we have no right to judge, they can do what ever they want as long as they don't skip training and give 100% for the club.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gambling is not just gambling though. It goes hand in hand with all kind of other things that nightlife entails.

But yeah, so far Messi and Pique haven't shown signs of affecting them on the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans