Gerard Piqué

F

Flavia

[tw]633728889232191488[/tw]

"I want to apologize because my attitude when protesting against the linesman wasn't correct. It was a tense game with a lot a stake.
Nonetheless, I did not use any kind of personal insult against the linesman, at any moment.

klc123

Dissent is never a straight red-card.
If he received a ban after the game from examining video evidence then I would understand, but a straight red-card is reserved for dangerous play AFAIK.
Biased madrista refs/media as per usual.

Stric

In that case, he and the club must absolutely appeal the shit out of the decision.

dissent is never a straight red-card.
If he received a ban after the game from examining video evidence then I would understand, but a straight red-card is reserved for dangerous play AFAIK.
Biased madrista refs/media as per usual.

I think personal remarks and strong language can get you sent off, as well.

klc123

In that case, he and the club must absolutely appeal the shit out of the decision.

I think the problem is that technically the rule-book allows referees to give direct red-cards for abusive language. It's at the referees discretion. Just another way in which ambiguous rules are employed by Blatter and his cronies to extend their corrupt influence over the game. There is never any consistency.

I think Rakitic summed it up perfectly today in his interview, where he said that if every time a player did what Pique did yesterday they were sent off, then every league game would have 7+ red cards. The Madrista media are saying that Pique deserves a 12 game ban. How many times have we seen players like Sergio Ramos or Pepe squeal abuse at Barca players/referees and not even get a booking, never mind a post-game appointed ban...

edit:
Let's put that into context, the league gave Pepe a 10 game ban for this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e0D7YOxqHw

BerkeleyBernie

So was this Offside? On Video it looked onside, can someone finally clarify if thats off or onside :lol:

Reviewing the video, it looked onside to me; the receiver was never clearly ahead of the passer. If he was, it was inches and for a split second. I'd have to agree with the linesman's call here. Even if he was wrong, very tough call running at full speed right alongside the attacking passer.

klc123

Reviewing the video, it looked onside to me; the receiver was never clearly ahead of the passer. If he was, it was inches and for a split second. I'd have to agree with the linesman's call here. Even if he was wrong, very tough call running at full speed right alongside the attacking passer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWT0Br1S65A
If you pause the video and then look at the balls position relative to the grass cut and the attacking players position relative to the grass cut, it looks like he is onside.

utility73

I really miss Puyol these days. He had less technical skills and was way smaller than Piqué but he was ten times the player and person than Gerard who still behaves like a spoiled brat. We need some CB with real character. Someone who will put Piqué on a leash like Puyol.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Imagine if he won't get suspended :lol:

Tho I'm only hoping for a 1-2 match ban instead of 4-12 after the appeal.

Barcafan 2304

I really miss Puyol these days. He had less technical skills and was way smaller than Piqué but he was ten times the player and person than Gerard who still behaves like a spoiled brat. We need some CB with real character. Someone who will put Piqué on a leash like Puyol.

This

klc123

They "can" get you sent off, but in practice it never happens. It's just funny that a referee who was so clearly biased throughout the rest of the game didn't even hesitate to go straight for a red when given the opportunity. The media bandwagon is beyond a joke.

Alik

I don't get the people who are saying Pique is spoiled. This sort of thing happens in every tense match. People don't get sent off for it.

How many times has Mascherano done it? Is he spoiled too? Suarez, Alves?

Stric

No the linesman didn't get it right. It was clearly offside. Even looking at the video it is very clear.

How is this offside?

The pass receiver is further from the red line even without taking into consideration the 3D distortion.

33dy0pz.png

Horatio

You're welcome
I deleted my comment even before you went on to post that. Sorry for making you go through all that trouble. lol

Edit: I have one question though. Could you append a line parallel to that line you already drew and move it back to the foot of the passing player?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans