Gerard Piqué

F

Flavia

Yes because Madrid can shit on Barça all they want but if one of ours speak up as well, we're being the bad guys.

:lol:

cr's "solo robar", or the "por que" incidents come to mind... and more worse stuff we have witnessed over the years. But you know, Pique, that baaaaad guy.

Yannik

Madrid players do the same whenever they can. I'm glad Pique is like that, it's a bit unnerving when Barça players bend over to the capital.

I'm not disagreeing with this. Its arguably unfair, but its the way it is and always has been.
Players are aware of it, so when Pique gives such an interview he knows what he has to expect.
Its respectable from a Barca-Fans point of view when he doesnt bend over, but takes digs at Madrid instead, but not from a Madrid-fans point of view.
And those in the stadium that booed him, those are Madrid-Fans.

Stric

Madrid players do the same whenever they can. I'm glad Pique is like that, it's a bit unnerving when Barça players bend over to the capital.

Again the child-like argument. It doesn't matter who else does it, that's not the point. Sure it's unfair, but that's how the world is. Besides, being classy and dignified isn't bending over. It's being the bigger man.

F

Flavia

Again the child-like argument. It doesn't matter who else does it, that's not the point. Sure it's unfair, but that's how the world is. Besides, being classy and dignified isn't bending over. It's being the bigger man.

I don't care if someone else does it or not. "Sure, it's unfair" it's what is a very childish thing to say, or worse, it's a complete pushover way of thinking. Because this is about not accepting being oppressed all the time, as it is usual in spain. Nothing to do with being "classy", "dignified", or "bigger man". It's only Pique refusing to bend over to the franco-like minds that are still very much alive there.

Galning

Me neither. People should live in Spain for a few months to see how the situation there actually is. I'm glad Piqué stands up.

Vilarrubi

As a half Catalan half English fan we always cheer the RM players for Spanish NT whether you like them for club or not. Booing is just butthurt really.

raki

The bigger man always gets screwed by a bigger man in the ass.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Lucho agrees:

a9Hh1VC.jpg

Stric

I didn't know that Puyol didn't have a spine and got screwed in the ass. Your words, not mine.

For those of you who didn't know, it is possible to be dignified and a gentleman, and still stand up to someone if called out.

F

Flavia

Another good text:
[tw]642075650719772672[/tw]

I didn't know that Puyol didn't have a spine and got screwed in the ass. Your words, not mine.

For those of you who didn't know, it is possible to be dignified and a gentleman, and still stand up to someone if called out.

I love Puyol, but he never stood up against madrid or their media. One of his flaws, if he had one. He was always too diplomatic, about everything.

Neymessi

Doesn't everyone know that those who boo pique are RM fans and they boo their own legends?I don't expect fans who boo a legend like casillas to be intellectual enough to put NT ahead of club and not boo pique.This is not ego or attitude that Pique has shown.Its not apologizing when you are not wrong.Pique apologized when he got angry and insulted the ref but in this case,it was nice that he did not.There will always be idiots who are offended when there is no need to like players and people who think rainbow flick is offensive.Always thought we had silent players in our squad but Pique proved me wrong.If anyone ever gave any press conference like zlatan it would be pique.Hell he gave a better presser than zlatan ever did.

The fact that so many posters from this forum think that Pique is wrong baffles me.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans