Gerard Piqué

F

Flavia

Hardly seems that way when you see Ramos/Casillas in the press recently. But whatever he say must be the truth, i understand.

Yeah, let's also forget all the crap Ramos and Casillas did back in mourinho's time, that was actually serious and disrupted the nt. Pique, so bad,doing so much fake harm :mou:

Its just as much you guys who make a circus over the whistling. Pique dont care much, and he litereally asked for it. Its quite understandable that they whistle him, yet a few think its so unfair and stuff.
Ok, Ramos is no angel, but he hasnt started a full media circus during a qualifier, just saying.
Yeah, it was just before the world Cup. No biggie.

Yannik

He did say they shouldn't boo for the NT, and he did say this is because of a Madrid-Barca rivalry.

Interviews like this reinforce the CLUB rivalry. He has said absolutely nothing that should be taken to the NT level, in fact he said quite the opposite, "the atmosphere is great in the NT" "Leaving the NT is the last thing I'll do" "I'm very committed to the NT". Pique's commitment, attitude and performance for the NT is irreproachable and should be free of boos from his own supporters.

Again, this is some Madridistas taking club rivalry to the NT level, a loser attitude.

Pique is taking the rivalry onto twitter or into the media, something that most others dont do.
Now he gets a response from Madrid fans taking it into the stadium during national-matches.
He really isnt helping his case, if anything he is encouraging it. Also I dont think that the booing fans see him as a comitted part of the spanish nationalteam or as "one of them", you can even read it in his interview, if there was a Catalan nationalteam, he'd gladly snub the spanish one for them anyway.

Morten

My point is, all those who complains about the whistling doesnt really have a case anymore, when Pique responds like this. He is free to say what he wants, he knows the consequences, he will deal with it, you should too. Whistling is here to stay, and Pique did nothing to help in the matter, quite the opposite.

silvia

My point is, all those who complains about the whistling doesnt really have a case anymore, when Pique responds like this. He is free to say what he wants, he knows the consequences, he will deal with it, you should too. Whistling is here to stay, and Pique did nothing to help in the matter, quite the opposite.

you are right. actually that is quite enjoyment.:rockon:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Pique is taking the rivalry onto twitter or into the media, something that most others dont do.
Now he gets a response from Madrid fans taking it into the stadium during national-matches.
He really isnt helping his case, if anything he is encouraging it. Also I dont think that the booing fans see him as a comitted part of the spanish nationalteam or as "one of them", you can even read it in his interview, if there was a Catalan nationalteam, he'd gladly snub the spanish one for them anyway.

Again, whatever rivalry Pique is instigating, it is only Madrid vs Barca rivalry, which should have no bearing in the Spanish NT. Repeating myself, but taking club rivalries to the NT level when the player is representing the country and the citizen, is a loser attitude.
They're not booing him because of Catalan reasons, they only started booing him because of the things he said while at Barca and towards Madrid.

They won't stop no matter what he said, we can't help it, but it is Madridista loser attitude and stupid.

Stric

Let's just remember how this started: he told "those from Madrid", who also happen to be his NT teammates, to go fuck themselves. How that isn't taking things to the NT level, I don't understand.

I won't lie that it isn't enjoyable seeing him say some of those things in the presser, but at this point it's obvious that he enjoys causing trouble and doesn't care about the consequences. And that's fine, if you're that kind of guy. He enjoys being whistled at the Bernabeu, fine. But don't be a hypocrite and say that "the NT shouldn't suffer because of this", because you're the one who's causing it.

Yannik

Again, whatever rivalry Pique is instigating, it is only Madrid vs Barca rivalry, which should have no bearing in the Spanish NT.

That is really wishful thinking, the rivalry is ever-present. I know that, you know that, the fans know that, Pique knows that.
Club commitment always comes first before country for the fans. Pique and the Madrid-sided fans of the spanish nmationalteam, that is just a simple "friendship" of convenience.
If by "Pique not taking it into the NT" you mean, that he's not arming himself with a wet towel in the lockerroom to hunt down Madrid-players without mercy, then I agree, hes not doing that. But he is for example messaging his NT-mates, telling them how much he looks forward to see them loose with 4 goals and stuff. Of course its all fun and games between them, because they are kinda friends and know each other, but the Madrid Fans dont spend funny hours with Pique, they cant find out how much of a lad he might be and therefor they dont find that funny in any way, epseically if he even mentions those things without that being actually necessary, those are simply meant to be provocative and nothing else. Pique of course knows this, thats why he is doing it.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Let's just remember how this started: he told "those from Madrid", who also happen to be his NT teammates, to go fuck themselves. How that isn't taking things to the NT level, I don't understand.

I won't lie that it isn't enjoyable seeing him say some of those things in the presser, but at this point it's obvious that he enjoys causing trouble and doesn't care about the consequences. And that's fine, if you're that kind of guy. He enjoys being whistled at the Bernabeu, fine. But don't be a hypocrite and say that "the NT shouldn't suffer because of this", because you're the one who's causing it.

First of all, you don't know who that was directed to, so to say it was also towards his NT teammates is purely and entirely speculation. Secondly, he didn't "tell them" anything, he said it to his Barcelona teammates and the cameras caught it. And thirdly this entire circus is because Madrid fans and Madrid media cannot deal with club rivalry at club level and must take it to the NT level where it has no place. Anything that happened did so month(s) ago, and it is THEM that are bringing out now, not Pique. Pique has done nothing but speak positively about the NT and his NT teammates.

F

Flavia

Sumlit posted several times here, the difference between club rivalry and nt should be made. He wasn't playing for spain when he did that. And no one can question his commitment to the nt either. Booing him while playing for Barça is fine. Nobody boos Ramos for his comments on atletico, because madrid based media didn't make a fuss and instigated people to do it.

Stric

First of all, you don't know who that was directed to, so to say it was also towards his NT teammates is purely and entirely speculation. Secondly, he didn't "tell them" anything, he said it to his Barcelona teammates and the cameras caught it. And thirdly this entire circus is because Madrid fans and Madrid media cannot deal with club rivalry at club level and must take it to the NT level where it has no place. Anything that happened did so month(s) ago, and it is THEM that are bringing out now, not Pique. Pique has done nothing but speak positively about the NT and his NT teammates.

Several of "those from Madrid" are his NT teammates, that's a fact, not speculation.

Sumlit posted several times here, the difference between club rivalry and nt should be made. He wasn't playing for spain when he did that. And no one can question his commitment to the nt either. Booing him while playing for Barça is fine. Nobody boos Ramos for his comments on atletico, because madrid based media didn't make a fuss and instigated people to do it.

And how exactly do you do this? You can't just "make" the difference. The supporters are those who create the atmosphere, based on what the players say and do.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
That is really wishful thinking, the rivalry is ever-present. I know that, you know that, the fans know that, Pique knows that.
Club commitment always comes first before country for the fans. Pique and the Madrid-sided fans of the spanish nmationalteam, that is just a simple "friendship" of convenience.
If by "Pique not taking it into the NT" you mean, that he's not arming himself with a wet towel in the lockerroom to hunt down Madrid-players without mercy, then I agree, hes not doing that. But he is for example messaging his NT-mates, telling them how much he looks forward to see them loose with 4 goals and stuff. Of course its all fun and games between them, because they are kinda friends and know each other, but the Madrid Fans dont spend funny hours with Pique, they cant find out how much of a lad he might be and therefor they dont find that funny in any way, epseically if he even mentions those things without that being actually necessary, those are simply meant to be provocative and nothing else. Pique of course knows this, thats why he is doing it.

lol I'm not wishful thinking, I have no expectation for the way fans act, specially Madrid fans who have shown time and again what a fickle bunch they are, no surprise at the loser attitude here, I'm only saying how things should be. And yes rivalry is ever present, but when you're representing a Nation club rivalry should certainly take a back seat to national pride.

F

Flavia

Several of "those from Madrid" are his NT teammates, that's a fact, not speculation.

And how exactly do you do this? You can't just "make" the difference. The supporters are those who create the atmosphere, based on what the players say and do.

Again, why does nobody boo Ramos(he said "que se enteren los indios quien manda en la capital") or Casillas, then? Because the media don't make a fuss or instigate. It's not based on what the players say or do alone. Casillas said winning la decima was much better than winning the world cup. Just imagine what would happen if it was Pique who said that. But as it was a rm player, and a title rm won, no fuss about it. I'm glad Pique doesn't bend over to this hypocrisy. Yesterday I was worried he was going to apologize. I'm really glad he kept his stance.

Pique referencing rm is always about the club, not players, as many rm players do too.

silvia

Iker [Casillas] and Sara [Carbonero] sent me and Shakira *flowers for the birth of my son Sasha. I called him to thank him and say what a nice gesture it was but it was just before they played against Atletico Madrid so we also joked and said that I hope they lost 4-0. I couldn’t believe it when they did. But we were still able to laugh about it. My relationship with Iker is fantastic.

Atmosphere between teammates is warm. It's media who brings the story.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans