Gerard Piqué

Alik

Oddly enough, so far the only one who has had both the charisma and enthusiasm for it was Pique :p

Alba and Bartra seemed to have enthusiasm for it, but that awkward silence when Pique left them alone with it :lol:

The other players didn't seem to enjoy it much. Even Neymar (and Alves?), who normally love social media.

bobesponja

Haha wow those last periscopes. This can't go on for much longer. Casillas was clearly uncomfortable and slightly annoyed by Pique. XD

Nah, he was even asking Pique about playing in the future for Spain as a way of messing with him about the whole catalonia thing. It's just the way Casillas is as well, they're messing with each other in different ways

Horatio

You're welcome
If Casillas didn't want to be there he would've left, he's not a child. They also talked about Barça losing against Madrid. Casillas also said it was the first and last time he was on it 'cause it's not really his thing.

You missed the part I guess where Casillas was continously trying to get out of the camera's view.
My impression was that he really didn't want to do it. But in the end gave in because he realized it might also leave a bad impression to not address the fans and Pique convinced him.

Alba and Bartra seemed to have enthusiasm for it, but that awkward silence when Pique left them alone with it :lol:
The other players didn't seem to enjoy it much. Even Neymar (and Alves?), who normally love social media

Alba is a great side-kick but it's clear that he needs Pique to run this show to feel comfortable.
I can totally understand though why players don't want to get involved. Most of them probably realize they have to be very self-conscious with what they say because one wrong comment and the media will have a field day.

I understand that Barcelona allows Pique to do periscope videos on his own, but in private settings involving staff members and other players it's quite dangerous because other people might say something damaging in the background who aren't aware Pique is doing a periscope.

Last edited:

Galning

You missed the part I guess where Casillas was continously trying to get out of the camera's view.
My impression was that he really didn't want to do it. But in the end gave in because he realized it might also leave a bad impression to not address the fans and Pique convinced him.

I didn't. Again, Casillas is a grown ass man.

El Flaco

The conversation between Piqué & Casillas when a fan asked the former if he could do a Periscope with Sergio Ramos or Vicente Del Bosque.

Pique: Shall we do a Periscope with the manager?
Casillas: You wouldn't be called up by Spain anymore.
P: What do you mean?
C: Maybe that's what you want, not to be called up anymore?
P: I want to continue coming with Spain until my legs or my head stop working.
C: You want to continue with Spain?
P: I always want to continue with Spain... You're getting good at [Periscope]...

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/casillas-pique-maybe-you-dont-want-play-for-spain-5004328

raskolnikov

I dont get the Casillas questions, starts of to imply Del Bosque will hate it and then his turns into a dig at his anti madridista behavior somehow?

utility73

Found him to be excellent right until the equalizer.
Had part of the blame because he lost Benzema there and I had the impression that he was somewhat shaky thereafter.

Home of Barca Fans