Gerard Piqué

khaled_a_d

Gr8 game by him

Found him to be excellent right until the equalizer.
Had part of the blame because he lost Benzema there and I had the impression that he was somewhat shaky thereafter.

He didn't lose Benzema ,he was in perfect position to cut the ball .if Kroos ball has passed without hitting Alba he would cut it .the deflection was pure luck and no way it was his mistake

serghei

Benzema's goal was not his fault, but he could've done better. He had a moment of hesitation, and Benzema exploited that.

I'd say it was more of a great goal than a great performance. Neither of our players had a match worthy of being called great imho.

Kohe321

That was such a fantastic and powerful headed goal. You could almost sense it coming from the second the ball left the ground at the corner flag. Other than that, overall a fantastic performance by Pique.

utility73

Gr8 game by him

He didn't lose Benzema ,he was in perfect position to cut the ball .if Kroos ball has passed without hitting Alba he would cut it .the deflection was pure luck and no way it was his mistake

The thing is we don't know how the pass would happened without the deflection. But in the deciding moment Benzema was able to get clear off Piqué a bit. So if Kroos wanted to pass low Piqué probably would have blocked it. But if Kroos would have wanted to lob/cross like it happened with the deflection it would have found Benzema nonetheless.

On the other hand it was an excellently executed counter by Madrid, you have to give them that.

khaled_a_d

The thing is we don't know how the pass would happened without the deflection. But in the deciding moment Benzema was able to get clear off Piqué a bit. So if Kroos wanted to pass low Piqué probably would have blocked it. But if Kroos would have wanted to lob/cross like it happened with the deflection it would have found Benzema nonetheless.

On the other hand it was an excellently executed counter by Madrid, you have to give them that.

Kroos would have made normal cross ,he wouldn't have chipped it that way .I think the possibility of a lob/chip is as close as 0 .Pique had to go for the right play .
A normal cross,a pass and he would have cut it .a chip/lop? either an extremely gr8 play or lucky one . at the end you can never eliminate 100% of possibilities

utility73

My point was if Benzema would not have cleared away from Piqué the latter could have intercepted low and high pass.
Anyway didn't want to exaggerate Piqué's part here.
It all started with Alba bad pass and it was run really well by Real, especially by Marcelo.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

Benz's goal was a huge fluke in that regard, it couldn't of looped any better for him. Great finish, though.

El Flaco

[tw]716405066006142976[/tw]

[tw]716403290079145985[/tw]

-------

[tw]716405778098298880[/tw]

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Every time that bitch opens her mouth I swear she says something stupid. Bashing Thiago Messi, saying that the people that vandalised his statue deserve to live in Syria etc. etc.
Not hard for anyone to guess who she's related to.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Pique: "When Cruyff joined in 1988, our season was good when we beat Madrid in a clasico. Now it's the other way around. That's his legacy."

Pique: "No Periscope when losing? It wasn't planned for Saturday and it isn't for tomorrow either. Change of plans, you'll see..."

Pique: "Neymar linked to PSG? I know him, I'm convinced he won't leave. End of." #fcblive

Pique: "Ter Stegen exit rumours? He won't leave either. What are people thinking... This is Barça, can't get better." #fcblive

Home of Barca Fans