Gerard Piqué

JamDav1982

clear as day my ass. spain went to shit as a team. they're cycle ended. suddenly busquets was no longer himself because team was not the same?

he also had great seasons for barca after 2012, what the fuck are you talking about?

Nah.. Busquets was exactly the same player just much less effective in being able to help midfield dominate the way he could contribute when Xavi and Iniesta around him.

Never been as effective for Barca or been able to impose himself to extent did up until 2012. Good seasons or not. Never near that level of influence as style of team shifted for both club and country.

Keep blethering on thinking he has been though.

Been exposed a number of times in big games in way never was when part of midfield that could dominate the game. Been terrible defensively in a lot of the thumpings Barca have experienced and for a DM that matters.

Last edited:

malvolio

Nah.. Busquets was exactly the same player just much less effective in being able to help midfield dominate the way he could contribute when Xavi and Iniesta around him.

Never been as effective for Barca or been able to impose himself to extent did up until 2012. Good seasons or not. Never near that level of influence as style of team shifted for both club and country.

Keep blethering on thinking he has been though.

so we have a shittier midfield because xaviesta left = busquets is a shit DM that got carried by xaviesta. because that was the subject here - busquets actually being a very limited player, that got lucky with xaviesta and would surely have been shit in the mighty EPL.

what next jamdav? treble team is better than no treble team? winter is no summer?

JamDav1982

so we have a shittier midfield because xaviesta left = busquets is a shit DM that got carried by xaviesta. because that was the subject here - busquets actually being a very limited player, that got lucky with xaviesta and would surely have been shit in the mighty EPL.

what next jamdav? treble team is better than no treble team? winter is no summer?

Yes have a shitter midfield and Busquets no longer as infleuntial as an individual and his weaknesses which prior midfielders help to deal with are more exposed.

You got it. All quite simple.

Richard.H

Name me one CL KO match post 2013/2014 where any pundit or even forum member here said Busi was the best mid on the pitch? I would argue Raki was a lot more intrumental to the 2015 treble than him. Dude covered every single gap on the field for Messi and Dani Alves.

Rakitic's display vs Bayern Munich in 2015 semis first leg shit's on any Busi performance from 2014 until now.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
Busi in his prime got cucked by a Chelsea counterattack in 2012, dude never was known to be a natural DM. He is the most overrated player of the Pep era. It's a shame that other players like Dani Alves never got their proper praise simply because they were not La Masia.

that's the absolute stupidest shit ive ever seen

that year was also Messi prime, but he didnt score against that Chelsea side. does that mean messi was a cuck?

shut the fuck up dude

Messigician

Joan Laporta: "I had spoken with Pique after the game against PSG and he was sunk [disappointed]. It is in these difficult moments when you have to love Bar?a more. I have a very good relationship w/ him, but I won't be saying any further about our conversation" #FCB 🇪🇸🤝

My president.

Richard.H

that's the absolute stupidest shit ive ever seen

that year was also Messi prime, but he didnt score against that Chelsea side. does that mean messi was a cuck?

shut the fuck up dude

I see you're becoming like your daddy Gnidrologist.

I asked a very simple question: Name me one good performance from Busi in the CL KO stages. I'll make it easier, let's include it back to 11/12 season when he still had Xavi and Iniesta starting with him most matches. Someone, anyone?

BarcaOG

Banned
I see you're becoming like your daddy Gnidrologist.

I asked a very simple question: Name me one good performance from Busi in the CL KO stages. I'll make it easier, let's include it back to 11/12 season when he still had Xavi and Iniesta starting with him most matches. Someone, anyone?

you're an idiot mate i disagree with gni about everything

ok: every single one up to 2016 when we were eliminated by atleti. easy

this moron thinks prime busi didnt deserve to win multiple ligas, CLs, euros, a world cup, etc etc

:lol: what a brainless twat

BarcaOG

Banned
xavi himself once said busi had a better first touch than all of the other squad players

this in a squad that included prime alves, messi, xavi, iniesta

loool deluded revisionist

Rassvet

xavi himself once said busi had a better first touch than all of the other squad players

this in a squad that included prime alves, messi, xavi, iniesta

loool deluded revisionist

To be fair, Xavi also said this in March 2020...

A large part of the [playing] staff seems extraordinary to me,” began Xavi. “Starting with the goalkeeper [Marc-Andre Ter Stegen], who seems to me the best in the world; Jordi Alba, for me, is the best left back in the world; [Gerard] Piqu?, the best central defender in the world; [Sergio] Busquets, the best defensive midfielder in the world; and Messi, the best player in the world.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomsan...-world-fc-barcelona-and-backs-neymar-reunion/

Barcilliant

Busquets, Pique and Alba are annoying af.
Lenglet too but he's not of the amigos.
Busquets with his shot in the head, face grabbing antics is by far the most annoying.
All these fucking amigos had success early in their careers and never truly appreciated it. Now Karma is fucking them.

Richard.H

you're an idiot mate i disagree with gni about everything

ok: every single one up to 2016 when we were eliminated by atleti. easy

this moron thinks prime busi didnt deserve to win multiple ligas, CLs, euros, a world cup, etc etc

:lol: what a brainless twat

You resort to childish insults in almost every thread where someone disagrees with you. It's sad. I still have not seen you post a good counterargument against what I said. Of course Xavi would praise his teammate, Busi was an important part of the Barcelona and Spain midfield at the time. For the record, I never said Busi was bad or even average during his peak years at Barca/Spain. I just said he fit to the system, but would look BAD IN A TEAM WITHOUT A POSSESSION FOCUS. I also claimed that a more natural DM like Yaya would fit Lucho's, EV's, and current Barca more. It's why he hasn't looked so good since Iniesta and Xavi have left. If that's a highly controversial opinion, then so be it.

Should I post your reply for you? "lol youre an idiot" "haha what a fukin twat"

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
You resort to childish insults in almost every thread where someone disagrees with you. It's sad. I still have not seen you post a good counterargument against what I said. Of course Xavi would praise his teammate, Busi was an important part of the Barcelona and Spain midfield at the time. For the record, I never said Busi was bad or even average during his peak years at Barca/Spain. I just said he fit to the system, but would look BAD IN A TEAM WITHOUT A POSSESSION FOCUS. I also claimed that a more natural DM like Yaya would fit Lucho's, EV's, and current Barca more. It's why he hasn't looked so good since Iniesta and Xavi have left. If that's a highly controversial opinion, then so be it.

Should I post your reply for you? "lol youre an idiot" "haha what a fukin twat"

you must be an elderly turtle with a 6 second memory span to think that nonsense. i cant imagine how you manage to function at all.

post 2016 busi= crap
2008-2015 busi= world class

has the titles and was always picked as starter to prove it. only an intoxicated iguana such as yourself would think that a key piece of what many call the best club side ever ie. peps barca 2008-2012 did not belong there

BarcaOG

Banned

its not controversial mate. its just wrong. key difference

Home of Barca Fans