Gerardo "Tata" Martino

NeyMesSis

I think Tata wanted a 0-0 t halftime and then so in the last 30 minutes his pan was to intesive the game.. too go forward.. to attack.. bring neymar
I think with 11 men and a 0-0 we would have pushed , becuase he wanted that away goal.

with the red and he 1-0 it wasnt necessary and he went to safe the result an maybe score the 2-0.

PhilS

The way for Barca to get eliminated was for Man C to go wild in their home game. Tata's approach ruled out that possibility completely. Sure, there was some chance it could have led to a scoreless draw. But a scoreless draw yesterday would have given Barca an excellent likelihood of advancing.

Playing for possession was great coaching. The ball recuperation was really good yesterday, and the defense was effective in the short periods when they were necessary. Huge props to the coach, he gave his superior team it's best shot.

The Observer

LividIcyKillerwhale.gif

Need a #9. Pique's sheer presence is keeping 2 defenders back and giving lots of space to Xavi. Ideally, instead of Alexis, we'd have a #9 who can also play on the right wing at times (like Cavani for Uruguay). Someone like a left-footed Henry (too much to ask?). Would give us so many more options.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
LividIcyKillerwhale.gif

Need a #9. Pique's sheer presence is keeping 2 defenders back and giving lots of space to Xavi. Ideally, instead of Alexis, we'd have a #9 who can also play on the right wing at times (like Cavani for Uruguay). Someone like a left-footed Henry (too much to ask?). Would give us so many more options.

This is one of the reasons I love Barca, what other team use their CB as a CF in the 80th minute even when they are 1 goal up? All of a sudden Pique is there, scoring a tap in!!! :barca scarf:

Anyway, it's very very close - it's no scandal the linesman thought it was offside.

Last edited:

DinhoR10

I've realised Pique or Bartra when he plays are treated as a sort of False CB, they are given the license to rampage up the field and effectively act as a #9, although when this happens busi and either iniesta/cesc/xavi are forced back to cover.

DinhoR10

This happens only in Barcelona, every position is, in fact, false

Yeah it wasnt there last season but its back xavi played CF for a time against city, iniesta/cesc went from winger to acm to cm to false 9, alves the eternal winger etc etc. Really pleasing football being played this season and we STILL havent fielded out best 11.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona will offer coach Tata Martino (51), whose contract expires in 2015, to renew for one more year, until 2016. [md]

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Barcelona will offer coach Tata Martino (51), whose contract expires in 2015, to renew for one more year, until 2016. [md]

If we believe Tata had approval from Messi on the initial hire then news like this should help cement some stability should Leo be unsettled himself...So good news, especially when you consider it's been 3 seasons and 4 different coaches

I continue to be less than enthralled, on the whole, with Tata...but I like him more than I did Tito

The Observer

I hope he wins major trophies this season. La Liga and / or the Champions League would be glorious. Would ensure people get off his back and he can work in peace, try things out and get away with it even they fail, win the trust of fans and players for good and demand his own signings. He can only improve from here. First season in Europe, no proper preseason, getting to know the squad. This is still a transitional phase, despite Barca competing exceptionally well in all competitions. Fans need to realize this.

I don't agree with some of the things he does (i.e. he didn't give enough chances to Bartra IMO, even when Masch was in shit form) but we're playing decently in big games this season under him, unlike last season. Props to him for that. Still too early to really judge imo, but so far, so good.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

On the forum I campaigned for him but I think it's too early for this

Home of Barca Fans