Gerardo "Tata" Martino

G

Gascav

When was this? Barca havent been in top form this entire season so you cant be talking about this season.

Edit: And We have yet to see messi play in a Big Game when he WASNT injured where the team didnt park the bus this season so you cant say he wont bring his all.
Lol! The park the bus excuse again!

DinhoR10

Maybe but they just can throw in some really Quality Players.I mean they subbed in Thiago and Götze against Dortmund and then won 3:0.
Messi and iniesta can´t do it all alone.Bayern plays just better as a Team together while we just looked bad in this last few matches and i don´t think it´s only because of the form of our players.

With the exception of Messi, this season all our players and the team as a whole just plays better in big games, look at alba against Atletico, since when was he able to bully the likes of Diego Costa off the ball? Alexis against madrid? Neymar against city/madrid/celtic(If you consider he had to carry the team)?

And Messi as has been said by all his team mates wants to win trophies, that why I know we can count on him in the CL if he really isnt going to give his all in la liga.

Edit: @Gascav the point of parking the bus IS TO STIFLE MESSI, thats why you see iniesta more in those games than messi and you havent answered my question.

G

Gascav

With the exception of Messi, this season all our players and the team as a whole just plays better in big games, look at alba against Atletico, since when was he able to bully the likes of Diego Costa off the ball? Alexis against madrid? Neymar against city/madrid/celtic(If you consider he had to carry the team)?

And Messi as has been said by all his team mates wants to win trophies, that why I know we can count on him in the CL if he really isnt going to give his all in la liga.

Edit: @Gascav the point of parking the bus IS TO STIFLE MESSI, thats why you see iniesta more in those games than messi and you havent answered my question.

Lol at alba bullied diego costa, that never happened, but the opposite happened, diego costa bullied alba in the first supercopa match and it was dire to watch, they sent diego costa to the right to bully our weak little alba.
About messi Why cant he adapt then? With all the parked buses he has faced he should be an expert at breaking them! Oh wait, he is waiting for world cup

xavi_the_Boss

Let´s just see how we do against City.Because we really have to do better then in our recent matches to have a Chance at the CL or even the CDR but we have been pretty good in big matches that´s true.

Alba did well against Costa in the league match.I agree.

Last edited:

mazp

Thats only thing that's keeping me hopeful for the rest of season. That we win, play well against the big most important games. Just hope that doesn't get thrown away as well on Wed..

DinhoR10

Lol at alba bullied diego costa, that never happened, but the opposite happened, diego costa bullied alba in the first supercopa match and it was dire to watch, they sent diego costa to the right to bully our weak little alba.
About messi Why cant he adapt then? With all the parked buses he has faced he should be an expert at breaking them! Oh wait, he is waiting for world cup

Did you watch the league match we played against Atletico? Alba and Macherano handled him wonderfully for the most part.

G

Gascav

Did you watch the league match we played against Atletico? Alba and Macherano handled him wonderfully for the most part.

The guy had atleast 4 shots in that match! Yeah ofcourse he was wasteful like he was vs madrid last weekend!
I think it is delusional saying they handled him while it is clear for evry unbiased fan or neutral that it wasnt true

F

Flavia

BiUogFHCIAM8ZsC.jpg:large

Look at sport's cover for tomorrow :shakeshead:

"Neither a scolding, nor a reaction!"

The players also didn't give an explanation and no one talked to the press.

Only Bartomeu said something: 'This group already showed they can overcome difficult moments, on and off the pitch. We believe in them until end'"

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

"Unbelievable! Tata didn't send any messages to the squad!

Neither a scolding, nor a reaction!

Only Bartomeu said something: 'This group already showed they can overcome difficult moments, on and off the pitch. We believe in them until end'"

I fucking hate Barcelona press playing "holier than thou", saying the all saw it coming and all that jazz, when they are also a big part of the problem with what's going on...

Also, just because it didn't happen publicly doesn't mean it didn't happen, just let the man work without questioning his every move!

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
The guy had atleast 4 shots in that match! Yeah ofcourse he was wasteful like he was vs madrid last weekend!
I think it is delusional saying they handled him while it is clear for evry unbiased fan or neutral that it wasnt true

4 shots that wouldn't pose any danger because they came under pressure from outside the box so I'll call that containing him very well in Madrid he fluffed chances against us he didn't get them or else I could play vs PSG shoot from 40 yards and say I got shots out against Thiago Silva and Marquinhos

G

Gascav

4 shots that wouldn't pose any danger because they came under pressure from outside the box so I'll call that containing him very well in Madrid he fluffed chances against us he didn't get them or else I could play vs PSG shoot from 40 yards and say I got shots out against Thiago Silva and Marquinhos
Youshould be thankful valdes is in a form of his life, because otherwise they would have gone in! They were under pressure? Lol
Say all you want but costa managed to force valdes into a few saves! So according you people are supposed to score only inside the box!

Maria

The biggest difference I see watching other (currently better) teams is more energy. I was watching RM till couple of minutes ago, they don't play anything special but they look fit and ready...everything goes from there.
Our lack of pressing, lack of movement, lack of desire in duels....problem is I don't understand why is that, simple lack of hunger or deeper problems?

And you know what's ironic? That Tata actually rotated more than Ancelotti or Pep. Also another big difference that I see between us and Chelsea, RM and Bayern is that they are playing better than at the beginning of the season, while Barca is playing worse.

Maybe but they just can throw in some really Quality Players.I mean they subbed in Thiago and Götze against Dortmund and then won 3:0.

So now Thiago is a difference maker, when last year he was only a bench warmer for Barca..and I wonder how many cules would have bought Gotze instead of Neymar in the summer.

"Neither a scolding, nor a reaction!"

I've said it a few weeks ago when many were complaining for how Tata was treated by the press that when the press will really atack him we will know. And today is the first day.

Although it's not surprising to see, I still feel disgusted by the fact that everybody except the board is blamed for all this. And yes the players have proved themselves countless times.. we can't say the same about Bartomeu though.

Last edited:
G

Gascav

And you know what's ironic? That Tata actually rotated more than Ancelotti or Pep. Also another big difference that I see between us and Chelsea, RM and Bayern is that they are playing better than at the beginning of the season, while Barca is playing worse.

So now Thiago is a difference maker, when last year he was only a bench warmer for Barca..and I wonder how many cules would have bought Gotze instead of Neymar in the summer.

I've said it a few weeks ago when many were complaining for how Tata was treated by the press that when the press will really atack him we will know. And today is the first day.

Although it's not surprising to see, I still feel disgusted by the fact that everybody except the board is blamed for all this. And yes the players have proved themselves countless times.. we can't say the same about Bartomeu though.

We wasted too much energy on the start of the season and now we are draining not forgetting that most of our players are weak and devoid of physical strength compared to the likes of bale, cr7 alonso, ramires, vidal etc

Barcilliant

I think this is a case of a train going downhill without the brakes on. Its almost impossible to stop the momentum.

As a manager what do you do? I think the best thing for Tata to do is come clean to the press. If there are certain players causing disruption in the dressing room he should out them. He should then see if the board supports him. If they don't, resign asap. Why should he or anyone for that matter deal with this crap. Even a strong personality and egotistic ass like Mourinho had problems dealing with his players and RM have a strong squad with depth. Mourinho tried to control the dissent but player power was too strong.

Nowadays the tail seems to wag the dog not the other way around. Players seem to decide what style of play they like and which manager should stay. Chelsea being the prime example.

Are we really ready for a 4th manager in 4 seasons??

Home of Barca Fans