Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Alarcón

If I go to work and start cruising-the company will give me a couple of warnings and then they will fire me. They wouldn't expect my manager to light a fire up my ass every day and "motivate" me. People in REAL life do jobs that are more boring and even more demanding with a lot LESS pay and still deliver day in day out.

These spoilt brats earn crazy amounts of money and cant be bothered to show up against a relegation team. Tata is just covering for the team. What do you want him to say?? "This is a shit team with no hunger, desire and there is no one decent on the bench either???". If he said that the players would be even more demotivated and would ask for his head.

What you say is idealism, not reality. In reality, you can't "fire" a player if he doesn't perform, you can't replace a player just like that like some random guy in a company with thousands or even millions of employees and the only way to make him perform is to motivate him. Performing at the very highest footballing level day in, day out is much more difficult than your average job.

I

instinct

I think that Martino will resign this summer. He won't get fired but it seems that he cannot cope with this high pressure and therefore he will leave Barcelona.

jairzinho

I think that Martino will resign this summer. He won't get fired but it seems that he cannot cope with this high pressure and therefore he will leave Barcelona.

I don't think it will be due to the pressure. It will more likely be down to the board not giving him the support he needs, especially if he considers shaking up the team a bit. Tata is no fool. He's been a manager for years. I think sometimes we underestimate the guy. I'm not going to throw in the towel on him already. After the season, there'll be lots of time to analyze and criticise. It's his first season, and he's inherited a squad which deep inside we all know needs shaking up. We knew it, the board knew it. Corrective measures had to be taken during the summer of last year but the board prioritized Neymar over everything else. Am I glad Neymar is here ?. Of course I am. But we all know there were other holes to be filled and gaps to plug. I think some clues are being unfair to Tata, that's all I am saying for now.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
@ alarcon that's why u have two players for every position. If someone isn't doing well they're dropped until they find their hunger again.

Several of our players need this. That's the advantage Real Madrid have. Everyone bar cristiano and Benz are expendable.

jairzinho

@ alarcon that's why u have two players for every position. If someone isn't doing well they're dropped until they find their hunger again.

Several of our players need this. That's the advantage Real Madrid have. Everyone bar cristiano and Benz are expendable.

Read this.

Alright you say that he should bench underperforming player and replace them with whom? Tello? Roberto? Song? Montoya? You don't have anyone to replace the first team players so why will they give a shit about what the coach says its not like he can replace them or that they haven't won something and thats where the problem lies truly

F

Flavia

Benzema was almost sold the past summer, if I'm not mistaken.

Reading some Meta's tweets(meta is a former member, knows a lot about football), he said Tata's team usually lose form in the second half of the season.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Reading some Meta's tweets(meta is a former member, knows a lot about football), he said Tata's team usually lose form in the second half of the season.

Because apparently his typical game play is demanding physically. I don't think he has implemented that at Barca, this is just Barca sucking early in the year like every year. But this time the problems are very visible. Not just a physical aspect but also tactical and motivational aspects.

Let's be fair, I still think Barca has a chance of winning the Champions League. Even though Bayern and Madrid are better, the gap is not very big and those teams look like they could mess up in individual games.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
We haven't lost a big game yet so I am still hopeful for the CL, Copa and Classico where the players actually decide to show up

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Benzema was almost sold the past summer, if I'm not mistaken.

Because apparently his typical game play is demanding physically. I don't think he has implemented that at Barca, this is just Barca sucking early in the year like every year. But this time the problems are very visible. Not just a physical aspect but also tactical and motivational aspects.

Let's be fair, I still think Barca has a chance of winning the Champions League. Even though Bayern and Madrid are better, the gap is not very big and those teams look like they could mess up in individual games.

This. He has not implemented the same in Barcelona like intense pressing game he is known to have implemented at Newell's

B

beautifulgame

I don't think it will be due to the pressure. It will more likely be down to the board not giving him the support he needs, especially if he considers shaking up the team a bit. Tata is no fool. He's been a manager for years. I think sometimes we underestimate the guy. I'm not going to throw in the towel on him already. After the season, there'll be lots of time to analyze and criticise. It's his first season, and he's inherited a squad which deep inside we all know needs shaking up. We knew it, the board knew it. Corrective measures had to be taken during the summer of last year but the board prioritized Neymar over everything else. Am I glad Neymar is here ?. Of course I am. But we all know there were

other holes to be filled and gaps to plug. I think some clues are being unfair to Tata, that's all I am saying for now.
^^^

PhilS

We haven't lost a big game yet so I am still hopeful for the CL, Copa and Classico where the players actually decide to show up

Me too. This veteran team can't get up for every Liga game this year, after several great years, we are seeing some burnout that has evented the extreme consistency and endurance needed to win Liga. That is not the coach, not the board, it is the inevitable result of too much success. Changing management too often, like most lessor clubs, will make it much worse.

This is still a great big game team, I predict 3rd in Liga, win Copa, semis or better in CL.

E

El_e8

Tata haters getting BTFO

9Bqu1EQB.png

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans