Gerardo "Tata" Martino

impeh

Hi, its me..
Bartomeu (president): "Martino has contract until 2015. There's a clause allowing both to rescind it this summer, but we don't consider it"

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Bartomeu (president): "Martino has contract until 2015. There's a clause allowing both to rescind it this summer, but we don't consider it"

Well of course, he can't say "we are considering it" even if they are considering it when there are so many important matches ahead.

CatalinR10

BicEokmCUAEeLC_.png

jamrock

good post PS, its like you said and I said a few pages back, it all starts at the top.

Its with his uninspired choices that picked Tito and tata and all the freaking rest

Galning

The league is over for us. I won't morn it personally as I didn't think it was on the cards. However we do need to win something this year, for the players’ cohesion and self belief at the very least. I can see this team being torn apart at the end of the season if they finish without a trophy. We are in dire straights, watch this story with interest if you do love the club, or piss off and jump on somebody elses bandwagon if you don't.

Maybe not winning anything this season might be a blessing in disguise. From what I've seen now it doesn't seem like there is a serious campaign for new elections so we will probably have this joke of a board for 2 more seasons. If we don't win anything some people might finally take action.

I

instinct

Gerardo Martino: "The best is to think about a second half starting at 0-0, play the same way and try to win it."

Martino: "Leadership is not about criticising the players in public, calling meetings with them, giving out to them.”

Martino: “This team is alive, it has pride, courage, it knows how to play these games. I would not take the risk of discarding Barca.”

Martino: "Aguero, Nasri, Toure, Silva... City have many players who can concern you. It is up to us to keep them out of the game.”

Martino: “The days after a game are not good days. We have spoken a lot, and individually they have spoken amongst themselves."

Martino: "There can be a big change in performances over three days, saw that before in change from first leg to Real Sociedad game.”

L

linetty

Alexis: "Martino is great at motivating you, just like Guardiola was. Vilanova was more about giving tactical instructions."

F

Flavia

I don't like either his tactics or Tito's. This Barca is unrecognizable to the one that was so beautiful to watch. The positional play is completely different, we don't create any triangles (jeez how long has it been since anyone used that word in connection to Barca), we do the same thing over and over again and it doesn't look like the players like it. There is hardly any creativity, everything is so formulaic.

He's probably a good manager, just not for Barca I think. He will never be able to sign who he wants. And even if he does, his signings will take us farther away from the core football that made Barcelona so popular.
I agree.

Alexis: "Martino is great at motivating you, just like Guardiola was. Vilanova was more about giving tactical instructions."
Yeah, right. The players are surely showing that in the pitch.

jairzinho

The players can be motivated all they want. Heck we could bring in motivational speakers before each game. The fact remains they still have to go out and play the game on that day. So to say that Tata cannot motivate the team is a view that i cannot subscribe to. They were motivated as fuck against Man City in the Etihad. You could see they were up for it, flying around around the pitch. Pique and Masch had one of the best games for a while. But then against, Sociedad and Vallodolid the team was flat as a pancake. So Tata motivated them against City but not against Valladolid. Is that what you're saying ?

Chainsaw

Killahead
League is not over. Real will definitely lose points. My concern is that Barca might lose more. Unless they wake up from this dreadful form they're in right now.

V

voodoomaster

League is not over????serious? Santiago away, atletico home, we are at best unstable, while real is stable and quite simply a better team than us(if you hold real for a football club). Cant see us win anything this season, our only shot is copa.

hulinat

League is not over????serious? Santiago away, atletico home, we are at best unstable, while real is stable and quite simply a better team than us(if you hold real for a football club). Cant see us win anything this season, our only shot is copa.

We have already beaten RM this season and beating Atleti home isn't impossible especially when it's the last game of the season.

Chainsaw

Killahead

Yeah it's not over. Do a little bit of math and you will understand. Easy as that.

Home of Barca Fans