Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Alarcón

I don't like either his tactics or Tito's. This Barca is unrecognizable to the one that was so beautiful to watch. The positional play is completely different, we don't create any triangles (jeez how long has it been since anyone used that word in connection to Barca), we do the same thing over and over again and it doesn't look like the players like it. There is hardly any creativity, everything is so formulaic.

He's probably a good manager, just not for Barca I think. He will never be able to sign who he wants. And even if he does, his signings will take us farther away from the core football that made Barcelona so popular.

I absolutely agree

DinhoR10

You dont see triangular passing anymore because of how teams play us nowadays, you see it when we're in our own half and valdes doesnt hoof it we pass around our opponents, but when attacking most of the time whoever we're playing against drops back into one giant pyramid-type shape and we sort of just enclose them in a player-made net. Our passing is fine in open games but you can't ask for too much.

Edit: Watching bayern right now against arsenal and its amazing how similar we play, when faced with 2 lines of 5 and 4 they do literally the exact same things. I suppose its easier for them since they can cross to tall players though.

Last edited:
I

instinct

According to Esport3 , close people to Tata Martino have declared that He will surely leave FC Barcelona at the end of the season.

CatalinR10

Martino: "We're always going to suffer at set pieces. When they come with Lescott, Kompany, Dzeko, ... there's little we can do."

...sign a tall CB maybe ?

jairzinho

I swear to God we know that there are many underlying problems inherent in the squad that need addressing but some cules keep missing the fucking point and blaming Tata and wantng him gone....WTF !!. You could change the captain as much as you wish but if the ship is leaking with holes, wtf do you want him to do ?

F

Flavia

I swear to God we know that there are many underlying problems inherent in the squad that need addressing but some cules keep missing the fucking point and blaming Tata and wantng him gone....WTF !!. You could change the captain as much as you wish but if the ship is leaking with holes, wtf do you want him to do ?

Implement a better system, and better tactics. It's still far away from that. He has often tried a style he doesn't have the players to do it well. He's a good coach, but not for Barça. I know he has a limited squad, and the bench lacks variation and quality, though.

Home of Barca Fans