Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Messi will play every match in the false nine position, because that's what he wants. I don't like the attitude but luckily that's also the best tactical option for us, and if Tata is a good coach he'd play him like that anyway. Hopefully Neymar takes away messidependencia.

Faceless

No more faces at night
Messi will play every match in the false nine position, because that's what he wants. I don't like the attitude but luckily that's also the best tactical option for us, and if Tata is a good coach he'd play him like that anyway. Hopefully Neymar takes away messidependencia.

No. We need the whole team to take away messidependencia. We don't want to have neypendencia! Lets hope Tata can teach Messi to mature up.

flamenco

can't wait to see how Messi and Neymar will team up and what new CB and LB will come into the mix :) Good luck Tata :pep:

P

PhilS

Tata has some big challenges. Some of the biggest involve how to evolve the roles of his biggest stars.

The good news is that the big personnel improvement should lessen Messidependencia. The team now has a second big-time goal scorer. We know that it takes at least 3 defenders to have any chance against Messi. It also takes at least two defenders to cover Neymar. The best play for this season will be the pass from Messi to wide-open Neymar, or the other direction. I think Neymar will be on the field every minute Messi is on the bench. It will be interesting to see if he stays at LF or slides over to CF. This is a big improvement on the strike force without Messi of last year.

Neymar needs to take over all the corner kicks and free kicks from the left side. Can Xavi deal with this? Does Tata have the guts to make this happen?

Cesc will have his chance this year to play as much midfield as he can handle. I think he might get more playing time than Xavi. The offensive midfield rotation of Iniesta-Xavi-Cesc is the strongest in the world, regardless of which pair starts the biggest games. Can either Xavi or Cesc handle missing a lot of the biggest games?

Regardless of which CB gets added, Barca will not have the size and strength to defend corners. There is no way to coach your way out of this, it is brutal physics.

Last year, I though the coaching staff was stupid to keep trying long corners. Face the facts, switch to all short corners.

Some of Tito's worst mistakes last year were sticking too much with the big stars. Playing Messi and Busquets injured was disastrous. Thiago left because Xavi and Iniesta were overplayed.

Alexsmith

Neymar-Messi-Alexis= Nemesis :pep:

Are you referring to the same Alexis that has played for Barca for the last two years?
It is odd how this chap has gained such a big reputation with some people here without showing anything on the field of play.
It must be some form of black magic, hypnosis or voodoo.
Ask yourself this question
If he was anyway as good as people suggest and is just having a difficult time/ low confidence etc (pick your excuse) and thus available (probably on the cheap) why is no other club bidding for him of courting him?
Ala Cesc

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
There's plenty of clubs in Italy that would love to have him. Also you can't deny he's a good player, he proved himself in Serie A. Maybe he's not suited to our style, maybe he has confidence problems, but he's a good player.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Are you referring to the same Alexis that has played for Barca for the last two years?
It is odd how this chap has gained such a big reputation with some people here without showing anything on the field of play.
It must be some form of black magic, hypnosis or voodoo.
Ask yourself this question
If he was anyway as good as people suggest and is just having a difficult time/ low confidence etc (pick your excuse) and thus available (probably on the cheap) why is no other club bidding for him of courting him?
Ala Cesc

I know you have some bone to pick with Alexis but really assess our other options. Tello is unbelievably one dimensional and always remains invisible against teams with organized defenses. Pedro also remains invisible a lot of the time, at least more so than Alexis. Alexis himself, while he has some issues, has been improving a lot over the past 4-5 months or so. He doesn't need to have a lot of the ball to play well and his main qualities are movement and linkup, so Messi and Neymar can keep the creative/dynamic duties for themselves. He adds without taking away, and is our current best option. Don't get me wrong, he is also inconsistent and hasn't proven himself yet, but he's improving and deserves a chance.

Home of Barca Fans