Gerardo "Tata" Martino

mixer

Martino could meet with Marc Bartra to explain him that, despite the planned signing of centre back, he counts on him for this season. [md]

dafuq

Trickykid

Of course we'll sign a CB. In the meantime, though, we'll still have to endure the same tired, old shitty so called jokes about playing Adriano as CB, and converting midfielders to defenders.
So, pretty please, Rosell, make it snappy.

ebc_99

This might work if in games were we are 4 0 up with 30 minutes to go we can throw JDS on and rest Xavi, Iniesta etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Could this mean Tata prefers a larger squad?

I think he said it himself when he got here... I don't have a quote but it was something along the lines of the current number of players being barely enough to play in so many competitions/matches... And if you check his squad in Newell's I think it's safe to assume he likes to travel with some extra weight just in case...

ceefoo

So, Dos Santos just announced he's staying.
crying-gif3.gif

Jadentheman

I guess he's gonna rotate often to keep everyone in form and injury free.

Good news in that case.

It is a world cup year so everyone will be rested often

Giovani please takes away your bro, damn

Gio is the better La Masia product, but you can't deny JDS loyalty to the club. It will be sad when they sell him. I think he should go for a loan. A lot of teams are almost finished with pre-season and he would want to get in on that.

kollegah

some more statements from the spanish barca source:

-xavi will still be the main point in the midfield, if availible tata will always use xavi iniesta busquets in big games
-though tata really rates fabregas, he will only use him in midfield, false 9 only messi and neymar
-neymar will be used at lw, but not in typical way, more a free role with its base at left wing
-if in possesion alba will be the left winger, neymar and messi as kind of double front
-mascherano, like assistant of tata (seen with pep before), rated highly by tata

ebc_99

some more statements from the spanish barca source:

-xavi will still be the main point in the midfield, if availible tata will always use xavi iniesta busquets in big games
-though tata really rates fabregas, he will only use him in midfield, false 9 only messi and neymar
-neymar will be used at lw, but not in typical way, more a free role with its base at left wing
-if in possesion alba will be the left winger, neymar and messi as kind of double front
-mascherano, like assistant of tata (seen with pep before), rated highly by tata

That all sounds good, Xavi is still the best if fit so hopefully he gets plenty of rest.

Glad he won't use Cesc in false 9, it is up to him to push for the starting spot in midfield.

Good to see he knows Neymar needs freedom to express himself as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Home of Barca Fans