Gerardo "Tata" Martino

ebc_99

I remember Johnny Giles said that the best teams have 2 or 3 superstars and 8 or 9 really good players that work hard for the team. I think that is what we have and Alexis has an important role to play which is to compliment Messi and Neymar. I think he is better suited than Tello or Pedro right now and hopefully with Neymar's arrival coupled with Tata's management Alexis can make a breakthrough this season.

P

PhilS

I know you have some bone to pick with Alexis but really assess our other options. Tello is unbelievably one dimensional and always remains invisible against teams with organized defenses. Pedro also remains invisible a lot of the time, at least more so than Alexis. Alexis himself, while he has some issues, has been improving a lot over the past 4-5 months or so. He doesn't need to have a lot of the ball to play well and his main qualities are movement and linkup, so Messi and Neymar can keep the creative/dynamic duties for themselves. He adds without taking away, and is our current best option. Don't get me wrong, he is also inconsistent and hasn't proven himself yet, but he's improving and deserves a chance.

Pedro has some fine qualities, but he is missing from the offense most of the time. That is a very serious criticism of a forward. Tello uses his speed very effectively, gets open a lot, has a fine first touch and is a natural shooter. No, he does not defend as well as Pedro or Alexis, and he does not pass as well. He is much less valuable against teams that pack it in on defense.

Alexis gets open all the time in great positions. He is passing extremely well. He is the best defender among all the forwards, and has excellent speed. OK, he seems to lack the nerve needed for scoring very much, so he looks first to pass. On this team, there are plenty of shooters to pass to, so he does not need to score 20 a year.

Alexis can hopefully continue the last 2 months of last season. If he performs well, Barca could end up with the most lethal attacking Trio in recent history. I cetainly believe in Alexis to become an importent part of Barcas team this season & I'm a bit annoyed with Pedro in general

Meitux

This the most lethal attacking trio in recent history?Lets talk after we see it actually play rather than say big words from now.

Last edited:

Stric

This the most lethal attacking trio in recent history?Lets talk after we see it actually play rather than say big words from now.

I agree. I can't believe people are putting such high hopes into a trio where one guy hasn't played a minute for Barca (or in Europe) so far, and the other is Sanchez.

Meitux

I agree. I can't believe people are putting such high hopes into a trio where one guy hasn't played a minute for Barca (or in Europe) so far, and the other is Sanchez.
Yeah i mean,we had an attacking trio of Henry-Eto'o-Messi somewhen and we talk about this attack being better?And i don't even understand what he means,of the club's history or generally,but still it doesn't look realistic.

ebc_99

You guys are party poopers, always saying we need to be realistic or we aren't as good as we think we are or this will be a bad season.

I can't wait to see those two together It has the potential to be the best, Messi and Neymar are the two most talented forwards in the world and I think we will be incredible this season because of their partnership.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Chainsaw

Killahead
sport.75024.jpg

FIRST REPORT BY EL TATA

The coach will start today to put into practice the key ideas of his plan

1 – Get the pressure which made big this team back

2 – Increase physical training so as to be able to put that pressure on the rival team

3 – Master the kicks on goal from outside the area

4 – Messi should play closer to the rival area

5 – More rotations to have all players always fresh

6 – Win the players over and involve them in this project so it can become real

A forward and stronger defence, enhance the players’ skills and creativity…

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Nice but how can we be sure it's genuine? I think anyone with common sense will do these things anyway.

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Tata Martino prefers individual chats over group chats. He'll start by holding one-on-one talks with all players and staff members. [sport]

This could, hopefully, help Alexis.

oz187

3 – Master the kicks on goal from outside the area

4 – Messi should play closer to the rival area

5 – More rotations to have all players always fresh

I agree with all this. Especially Iniesta should practise his shooting. Messi closer to the goal is also good since at the moment he can get crowded out. This will also create more space for the Barca midfield to build the play.

Home of Barca Fans