Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Jadentheman

I like his tactics. I like the way he has given freedom to our wingers. Alexis and Pedro look revitalized.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

F

Flavia

@barcastuff 39 min
Martino: "Players returned fit from holiday, they're already in good shape. I asked to put high pressure, to be intense, and they did it."

Martino: "Bartra could leave if he asks so after signing new centre back? We'll see, but my idea is that all current players will stay."

Martino: "Roura and Rubi not on the bench? Doens't really mean a lot at this point, we just arrived, didn't yet decide composition staff."

Martino: "We had a good mixture of direct attacks and attacks with a longer built-up. I liked how the players did it."

Martino: "Good thing about Dongou is that he is a different kind of striker than Messi or Cesc. He's very motivated, he'll join Asia tour."

Martino: "I've talked to Cesc, I explained him my idea. Of course we want him to stay, he's one of the best in the squad, so it's up to him"

Martino: "He still need a few training session to be at his best physically, but Neymar did quite well."

Martino: "Sign another player if Cesc leaves? If it depends on me, he'll stay, and I believe he will, so I didn't yet think about that."

lovebarca

i like his tactics in this match
one more thing about him is he is not afraid of big squad.so more rotation more rest more fresh players(we lack those things in pep and tito time).

mixer

Let that Real Madrid fixture come, so we finally can get our revenge.
+1

I see him winning highly in his first game against rm, just like pep did. With new tactics and great pressing we can be the best again. We got the quality, but lacked the freshness and new ideas. Tata bring that aspects and I hope he'll succed and wins CL.

Anyway, great score for a first game.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I fear fatigue a bit though. While I'm confident that Tata will rotate and keep lineups fresh, this intense style will drain the players a bit and it takes very careful and specific handling to minimize that. The worst thought is that Messi (who will inevitably play around 65 games this season) will look burnt out by the CL semifinals. Hopefully Tata calls up Dongou/Sandro often during smaller games to sub in so that this is prevented.

lovebarca

I fear fatigue a bit though. While I'm confident that Tata will rotate and keep lineups fresh, this intense style will drain the players a bit and it takes very careful and specific handling to minimize that. The worst thought is that Messi (who will inevitably play around 65 games this season) will look burnt out by the CL semifinals. Hopefully Tata calls up Dongou/Sandro often during smaller games to sub in so that this is prevented.

yes but hopefully that wont happen because we are keeping neymar,cesc,alexis,tello,pedro,dongou all of them so he can rotate messi.
most important thing is for rotation he needs courage to bench or rest messi.

Last edited:

mixer

He's already checking up what kind of player is Dongou and how good is he. Called him again for the Asia tour. He'll be probably the man to rotate with Leo for the smaller games

nebeer

Love is All
Martino: "We had a good mixture of direct attacks and attacks with a longer built-up. I liked how the players did it." - This is exactly what I have been crying out loud about for the last few months. Barca's need to mix a bit of direct attack with their long tiki taka build ups. I'm so glad that finally someone shares the same vision; that too the new boss. I'm so glad.

Zuess99

I hate the longer build up part, we should have more direct attacks, and atleast alexis aint attending diving school.

Home of Barca Fans