Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we found another Pep, but I feel he was the exception to the rule. If we go for a no name coach, he, like Tito and Tata, probably won't be anywhere near as good as what other top teams have.

Maria

Currently Van Gaal is out of job, it is rumored that he is waiting for Moyes to leave but it could be that he wants Barca to contact him.

The presidents Barca had when Van Gaal was the coach had to leave in the same season as him..so maybe he wouldn't be such a bad idea. :icon_neutral:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we found another Pep, but I feel he was the exception to the rule. If we go for a no name coach, he, like Tito and Tata, probably won't be anywhere near as good as what other top teams have.

Who do you wanted as Barca's coach when Rijkaard left?

I

instinct

Laudrup (ex-Barcelona -Real Madrid): "Coaching Barça one day? Everyone would like to coach a big team and obviously Barça is one of those."

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Martino: “Im not bothered by [speculation on future]. Its quite logical. First I was gone by Christmas, then by Easter. But Im still here.”

Kerrybai

Van Gaal is rumoured to be heading to Spurs, but I'd love him here. Martinez could be a future coach but now is unlikely. Poor Tata I wonder what happened to our tactics? Did that meeting with Xavi really happen? Our tactics took a serious U turn.

I

instinct

Martino on future: "For a while now I have had a determined idea and nothing changes. Not with 1 trophy, 2 or 3. Or none."his

He recently said that he wants to fulfill his contract. And after this statement he made today I'm pretty sure that he'll stay.

L

linetty

Martino on future: "For a while now I have had a determined idea and nothing changes. Not with 1 trophy, 2 or 3. Or none."his

He recently said that he wants to fulfill his contract. And after this statement he made today I'm pretty sure that he'll stay.
I doubt he will if the board gets changed, hopefully

F

Flavia

Tata: "Regardless of what happens tomorrow. My analysis of the season will NOT be positive."

At least he said it.

Tata: "Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid are different. Tactically approaching them is different."

I wonder why he fielded the same team against atletico, then :eusa_think:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Tata: "Regardless of what happens tomorrow. My analysis of the season will NOT be positive."

At least he said it.

Tata: "Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid are different. Tactically approaching them is different."

I wonder why he fielded the same team against atletico, then :eusa_think:
Learning from mistakes :pep:

F

Flavia

@migerucb 7 min
Martino doesn't have many options to change games, but IMO he's too passive. Ability to read games is questionable pic.twitter.com/CxcwBZwSAJ

BlR95IgIgAA35HZ.jpg:large

@migerucb 7 min
I don't want people to think that I'm blaming Martino for everything, but he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory. Especially of late

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
@migerucb 7 min
Martino doesn't have many options to change games, but IMO he's too passive. Ability to read games is questionable pic.twitter.com/CxcwBZwSAJ

BlR95IgIgAA35HZ.jpg:large

@migerucb 7 min
I don't want people to think that I'm blaming Martino for everything, but he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory. Especially of late

He doesn't have any impact players on the bench apart from either of the wingers or if you consider Cesc an impact player. If you check the list you'll see the same names routinely interchanging Alexis,Pedro,Cesc,Neymar are the only ones that can cause an impact coming off the bench and mostly only one or two of them is on the bench other than them we have a serious dip of quality from the subs

I

instinct

Do you guys think that he wants to sign many players in summer (of course only if the appeal is successful). Zubi said that he does not want to reinforce the squad that much but IF tata believes that new players are needed, then he should try to convince Zubi to sign player. Otherwise the lack of depth in the squad can't be an excuse for Tata's failures.

Maria

After the game against Granada I saw this stat on a spanish Barca forum:
"In the last 9 years Martino only won one game that he was losing at HT: Levante-Barca(1-4)"

Do you know if this is true?

Also I had this complaint with Tata since the games against Ajax and Athletic..but it doesn't look like he really has the capability to read a game. Tito was superior in this aspect(atleast until he had to leave to New York).

Last edited:

Tomchin

Also I had this complaint with Tata since the games against Ajax and Athletic..but it doesn't look like he really has the capability to read a game. Tito was superior in this aspect(atleast until he had to leave to New York).
Tata already said that 2 or 3 times in a press-conference after the game: "I didn't see things clearly"

-> If he doesn't see things clearly, then why the hell is he the manager of one of the best teams in the world?

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
After the game against Granada I saw this stat on a spanish Barca forum:
"In the last 9 years Martino only won one game that he was losing at HT: Levante-Barca(1-4)"

Do you know if this is true?

Pulled up Newells stats.Nothing. Pulled up Paraguay - it was kinda messy but still nothing. But If you count Libertad ( which he managed 2005-06). There was this game at primera division de Paraguay - Libertad vs 3 de Febrero - Score 3-2. He was losing by 2-1 at HT and then won. Date 25/9/2005

But still it looked like all his matches were either finished at first half and the opponent didn't score or didn't score enough to make his team lose. And another variation is match was decided in the second half. If he is losing during the first half of the match - 90% of the time he is losing the match and 10% of the time it's a draw.

Home of Barca Fans