Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Stric

Cruyff said this earlier today before the game started and I think it explains a lot:
"Barcelona currently have a structural problem. The president wants to also be the manager and the coach."

If this is true, I think it shows a lot of what's going on behind the scenes. I think that Bartomeu and before him Rosell is forced Pep and Tito before and now Tata to play the big names they have signed. It's the only logical conclusion I can come to after seeing Cesc start as a false 9 again bc no rational coach would continue to do the same things that didn't work for three years straight now.

That makes sense...

Devils

Sorry, but enough is enough. Yes, he has had a difficult time with this useless board and all that, but he can atleast start to make decisions which makes sense. He wasted Neymar on right for 60 minutes. He wasted Messi(Who was still awful), He wasted Iniesta on LW and so much more.

I agree the board is shit, but Tata is probably the biggest problem that Barca have right now.

-It's not the board who calls up Tata before a match and asks him to play Cesc time after time even after he had been absolutely terrible.
-It's not the board who tell Tata to make Dani send in shit crosses every time he has the ball and completely kill the attacking play.
-It's not the board who came out immediately after the game where VV got injured and instantly ruled out the signing of a GK.
-It's not the board who said that they wouldn't sign a defender because Puyol was coming back earlier in the season.

Tata is absolutely clueless, he has no idea, literally NO IDEA what he is doing. He is a complete wreck. He belongs in Argentina coaching small league teams where I'm sure he would do well. This is Barca, a world class team, it needs world class manager. Tata isn't even close.

Chong Li

While I believe he's not a good coach, I think he has some honour (unlike other people...).

I'm 100% sure he will retire after this season

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
whoever is pulling the strings behind tata's back (if that's even the case), they're not forcing him to tell alves to send shitty crosses in and cesc to play like shit. tata should have seen that and corrected that. also, what has he done with messi? and neymar? we played so good the first half of the season, really, wtf is up?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The only question is, does he leave now or at the end of the season.

why leave now? it's not like we could hire a new coach now? let him just finish the season, we started out alright and at least I don't blame him for all the fuck ups. the climate he's had to work under must have been a pain in the ass - if people seriously think tata did't want to sign anybody imo you're wrong - if you get a puppet he will behave like a puppet. the board is fucked and players lost motivation, we needed some signings and to keep thiago - at least a new cb, better backup rb, not buying song, a backup striker, a powerful box-to-box cm etc.

I

instinct

When asked about the future of the team, Martino said that “we have to derive strength where there is none. We have the obligation to continue fighting until the final moment” and he went on to analyse how his team performed: “Barça have a way of playing that is hard to modify. There are no long balls for a pure number nine, we’re a team that passes the ball, elaborates plays and when we aren’t precise in finding space the game becomes uncomfortable for us. When we don’t score first things get complicated.”

Captain Obvious strikes again. Thanks for pointing that out Tata. But no need to change something.

I

instinct

He should leave now, not by the end of the season.

Don't think that this would be useful since there are not many games left and I don't believe that any coach would succeed in such a short-term. Let him finish the season. It is ruined so whatever...

Markouskas

Same mistakes, same formations... Iniesta on wing? Cecs in 11? Alexis and Pedro ( teamwork players ) last 5-6 games on bench.?

Leave pls, and not only him..

Home of Barca Fans