Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Jaykob

I hate the longer build up part, we should have more direct attacks, and atleast alexis aint attending diving school.

If you don't like long build ups , i suggest searching for another team to be a fan of, i recommend the premier league, most teams there don't bother with the boring technical stuff and just launch to ball forward for your entertainment.

The patient build-up serves a number of purposes, without it the system wouldn't work nearly as well.

First, it allows the most effective use of scoring chances, barca is the team with the highest conversion ratio of scoring chances for exactly that reason.

It allows the team to press intensively without tireing out quickly because the long spells of possession allows them to rest, before the next intensive phase,

It minimizes the number of counter attacks of the opposition, which are inevitable because of the high defensive line barca deploys.

The high line , again which is necessary to press effectively, to compress space for the opposition.

With a more direct style a lot of the advantages would be gone, the ball would be lost more often , resulting in more pressure phases, the players tire out quicker. You would need more physical capable players to effectively press and play a direct style of football, which is the exact opposite of the kind of players barca has.

That does not mean a more direct approach is not beneficial in certain instances as a tactical variation, but never as the norm.

Last edited:

ceefoo

I hate the longer build up part, we should have more direct attacks, and atleast alexis aint attending diving school.
I've had this feeling for some time now, but after reviewing numerous posts of yours, I have come to the conclusion that you are probably the biggest Troll on barcaforum. :shh:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He's quite good but there are better trolls. They all have a different style too, brilliant to read. From in your face Neymar love to subtle baiting tactics.

Robert

If you don't like long build ups , i suggest searching for another team to be a fan of, i recommend the premier league, most teams there don't bother with the boring technical stuff and just launch to ball forward for your entertainment.

The patient build-up serves a number of purposes, without it the system wouldn't work nearly as well.

First, it allows the most effective use of scoring chances, barca is the team with the highest conversion ratio of scoring chances for exactly that reason.

It allows the team to press intensively without tireing out quickly because the long spells of possession allows them to rest, before the next intensive phase,

It minimizes the number of counter attacks of the opposition, which are inevitable because of the high defensive line barca deploys.

The high line , again which is necessary to press effectively, to compress space for the opposition.

With a more direct style a lot of the advantages would be gone, the ball would be lost more often , resulting in more pressure phases, the players tire out quicker. You would need more physical capable players to effectively press and play a direct style of football, which is the exact opposite of the kind of players barca has.

That does not mean a more direct approach is not beneficial in certain instances as a tactical variation, but never as the norm.

OK, first of all, that remark about English football is a generalization that hasn't been based in reality since the early nineties.

Second of all, long build-ups are great if your players can turn them into concrete chances, but you better have a plan B if they can't - like we didn't have a plan B that time Milan beat us 2-0 through effective defending and direct offensive play.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Plan Z>All plans

zlatan-ibrahimovic.jpg

Neal Faradinho

Barcelona's back four yesterday practised defensive movements. First Montoya-Bartra-Bagnack-Adriano then Alves-Pique-Mascherano-Alba. {md}
Tata :worthy:

Maria

:worthy: tata did a lot more in few days than tito in a year

I was one of those who didn't liked Tito from the beginning, but I remember many post saying that Tito was actually the genius and Pep just the pretty face or that we're the best team as long as we have Messi..so let's wait for atleast a month until we assess what Tata did and just how better he is in comparison with Tito.

Home of Barca Fans